mystery box

Hermione and I bring the box into the living room with Sirius, Snape, Remus, Charlie, and Dumbeldore. Everyone seemed to respect my choice in who I wanted present when the box was opened. Well, Dumbeldore helped himself in the room, but I wasn't arguing. I still had hoped that I could discuss everything with Hermione.

We'd showed Snape the photograph and he gave me a pat on my back. He smiled, remembering his old comarade. He told me to hold onto it and keep them in my memories.

"Now, apparently it can't be opened with any spells." Remus says scratching his head.

"If it holds something important Regulus would have made sure that it was well protected." Snape says sharply.

"Yes, I can take it with me and try to open it, if you'd like." Dumbeldore says turning to me. I still feel cautious and almost agree before Hermione speaks up.

"I don't want to get your hopes up, but I want to try something." Hermione tells me. All attention in the room goes to her and she comes closer to me.

"Regulus was a death eater, he'd know the.. ways of his... friends?" Hermione says gently, trying to not offend Snape.

"Granger, spit it out. We haven't all day." Snape says impatiently.

"Okay, then I'll speak openly. He was a death eater and want to keep whatever is in this box from them. Lestrange found you, maybe they wanted what was in the box." Hermione starts.

"Right, but my parents were on the run." I remind her.

She nods,"But, what if it was something different used. Like blood magic?"

I see everyone looking at me now waiting for a response.

"What do I need to do?" I ask.

"Put a small drop of your blood on it and see if it opens. It can be a small amount, I figure your dad wouldn't want you to hurt yourself." Hermione says.

"Careful." Charlie tells me as I find a sewing needle. I poke my thumb and squeeze a small drop of blood onto the lock. Just as Hermione had predicted it opens. I look at her with excitement as she gives me a smug look. Rightfully so.

"Hermione!" I say laughing.

"Open it." Dumbeldore gestures to the box. I'd wished in that moment he wasn't here.

Gently lifting the lid, I notice a mirror on the lid. I smile and pull out a ring. It looks like a wedding band, maybe my mothers. I pull a necklace out with a golden amulet. It feels strange and I drop it immediatly.

I take the ring and push the box for the others to look through. Charlie was sitting on the side of the room and I hold it up to him. He smiles and gently slides it on my finger. It was enchanted to fit my size. He runs his hand over mine and kisses my temple, making me forget the crowd.

"This can't be." I hear Dumbeldore say.

We turn to look at him as he holds up the locket.

"Sir, is that?" Hermione begins.

"We need to destroy it." Snape reminds him.

Dumbeldore nods. "Ms.Black, this is the locket of Salazar Slytherin. I believe this to be.. part of the note you'd mailed about."

He turns to leave and I stop him.

"You need to let me tell Hermione." I say.

"No." he says simply.

"Excuse me?" I ask him,"What is your reasoning?"

"Not telling me what, Siaph?" hermione asks. I see Snape gesture for her to wait causing her to look at him full of disgust.

"Harry musn't know." Dumbeldore tells me with a very serious tone, one not used often.

"Okay, and she won't tell him. I wouldn't have gotten this far without her, neither woudl any of us." I say shaking my head.

"She's a fifteen year old girl, you're barely of age. I don't want to include any of you in this but you're hand was dealt before you were born." he tries defending his point.

"Can you stop with the bullshit?" I ask as I feel Sirius and Remus suddenly appear by my side.

"Siaph, not now." Sirius whispers.

"Sirius is right, now isn't the time." Remus agrees.

"SHUT UP!" I yell now seeing Charlie rush over as well.

"Sir, maybe you should go.." Snape begins to say.

"No. I'm telling Hermione. She won't tell anyone, I know it. If she wanted everyone to know my buisness there is alot she could tell, yet she hasn't." I say pushing past the three grown men. I take her hand and grab the box and run out of the room.

I hear a crack, assuming Dumbeldore had gone. I rush into my dad's room with her and yell for Kretcher. I command him to lock the doors and he agrees. Now, nobody could get in.

"What is going on, Siaph?" she asks now scared. I could feel her tremble still holding her hand. I nod and sit on the bed.

"Kretcher, please. Tell me what you know without punishing yourself. Dumbeldore took the locket from this box. I'll share what's in here with you if you do. I need answers." I cry to the house elf. He looked at me wearily before nodding.

"Kretcher will tell mistress and Mudblood." Kretcher says glaring at Hermione.

"Kretcher, please don't use those words. They hurt." I tell him.

The elf looks pained as he still glares at Hermione he nods.

"Are you sure you don't want Sirius here?" Hermione asks. I shake my head.

"Nobody wants me to tell you, but I have to. Can you swear to me you won't tell Harry? Let Dumbeldore tell him." I ask her.

"This is like the maze, he could get hurt." Hermione realizes.

I nod grimly. "If anyone can help get in front of this, it's Hermione Jean Granger."

"I think we at least should get Snape here to listen, in case we have questions." she tells me.

"You don't think he'd stop this?" I ask her.

She shakes her head. "HE cares for you. He's not necessarily a good guy, Siaph. You need to remember that."

"Makes me feel boats load more confident." I say now crossing my arms debating on my decision.

"You didn't let me finish. He's not a good guy, but you need to see his point in this. The heros will sacrifice themselves for the world, but the villans. The villans would sacrifice the world to protect who they love."