Journals

Walking into the common room, we see something nobody should have to see. Lavender Brown was snogging Ronald. I gasp and try to shield Hermione. She looks over my shoulder and whimpers.

We run out of the common room into the hall. I drag her into an empty classroom and she catches her breath.

"I'm sorry, 'mione." I say to her, embracing her.

"He.. ron.. I'd thought..." she begins to tell me.

I nod rubbing her back. At least Draco had a shot now, I think to myself.

"Let's try these journals, yeah?" I ask her.

She nods and just before we prick my finger, the door shuts. Harry walks up to us sadly.

"Hermione, I'm so sorry. Ron's an idiot." He tells me.

"It's fine. We're busy here. Can we talk later?" Hermione says shooing him out of the door. He nods and waves goodbye.

"Let's do this later... Moaning Myrtles bathroom?" I suggest.

She sighs and nods just before we head to lunch. WE sit next to Harry and notice Ron and Lavender are absent. Nobody says anything and we eat quietly, not mentioning the Ron situation. Ginny comes and tells us that Dean had begun trying to approach her.

"hermione, I still think we should continue with the group. Maybe Remus could help." Harry tells her.

They'd caught my intrest as I lean in. They explain they wanted ot teach us how to defend themselves in case soemthing were to happen. I agree it would be a good idea and suggest we begin after Christmas break. It was about a month away, and Charlie was coming this weekend anyway.

Just as we were leaving Inotice Hermione missing from our side. I decide it would be best to distract harry and take him off towards Ancient Ruins class and explain the journals. He tells me he wants to help with them. I agree to him helping, being that we do it over the Christmas break.

Seperating ways, I decide to go in search of Hermione. I notice taht she hadn't shown up to the classroom where I'd dropped harry off at. Figuring I should go to Moaning Myrtle's bathroom on the third floor. As I walk down there I bump into the twins doing tricks in the corridor.

"Siaph Black." George says wrapping an arm around my shoulder. He hands me something and it takes off. It turns out it was a firework and it flew around the hall causing laughter amongst the observing students.

I tell them I'd see them later and continue on my search for Hermione. I walk into the bathroom and find Hermione awaiting my arrival. She is reading Pride and Prejudice again, sitting on one fo the sinks.

"Nobody would think to come here.. not after second year." she tells me.

"Let's try adding some blood and see what happens." I want to continue the discoveries about my father.

Poking my finger we add blood to both journals now laid out on the floor. A bright light emmits from both of them and it dies down and appears as if nothing else happens. I open the journal that belong to my father adn open it up to find the begining pages now filled with script. Hermione opens my mothers journal that I've read so many times and I find that there has been more added to it as well.

We decide to take the journals to our room to review. We'd known Ginny was supposed to be in class and figured it would be best to keep the exposure of them to a minimum.

___________________

-I see so much darkness around the decisions I've made. This was supposed to be about blood purity, but the longer I remain the more darkness that shows. Death is all around me, the future not promised. It wasn't supposed to involve tourture and murder. I will find a way to repent. For now I must remain hidden amongst the evil in search of the light.

-There's been talk of new members joining our ranks. This doesn't surprise me. Preying on teenagers, where would they stop? Lucius has been promoted quickly into his higher ranks. Snape follows him, dedication to the dark lord. I've never been so disgusted with myself. I wish Sirius were here. I miss my brother. If only I'd been stronger to go with him.

-They want me to go on a mission. Find a woman. Talk is there is a direct descendant of Merlin residing in France. They suspect her to be a powerful witch. I believe that they will use her abilities to torture more innocent people. I only hope my suspicions are wrong.

-As the days pass, the dark lord is growing increasingly anxious. There'd been talk of a prophecy. Something to do with a child born in the end of July. I'm not high enough to know the exact details, but Ihope for the safety fo the child. The dark lord has tortured me a few times now for my incompetence in finding the merlin descendant.

-I've caught word she may have moved to another country. The dark lord has added Crouch to go with to help search for her. I loathe the man but feign a friendly demeanor with him. I hope he's not around when she is found. I want to help her hide or run. I don't understand hwo this went to shit, so quickly.

-I think I'm closer to finding the woman. Crouch has decided to search Italy while I remain in France. There's been talk amongst the muggles of a woman who heals and preforms miracles. The religious crowd seems to refer to her as a devil, while the others worship her.

-I'd finally found her. I've been watching her for for a few days now. She seems to be good, only using magic to help others. She keeps it concealed, I suppose as to not get in trouble with the Minsitry. I can't blame her, it's been clearly overrun by death eaters. I approach her today.

-She'd run away as soon as Itold her what was going on. I'm glad she heeded my warning. I recieved punishment along with Crouch for our continuing incompitance. The dark lord tells me he has anew plan for me. Ifear this may be the end of my life. If you ever read this, Sirius, I'm sorry.