Reality Check

I hear footsteps approaching and turn and see Snape who examines the mood of the room before sighing. "Headmaster. Granger. Siaph." he adresses us all. I look at him confused and shrug.

Backing away Hermione turns to Dumbeldore. "The visons. They're linked to this aren't they?"

He nods confirming her fears. "Ms. Black. Harry has been seeing... visions so to say in his dreams. I fear these are connected to the lists you've found."

I look at Snape now who looks angered. "You've known?"

"I've had my suspicions, Severus." Dumbeldore says taking his seat across from us.

"You said you'd protect him. You told me if I'd help you, you'd protect her boy." Snape says now raising his voice.

Hermione quickly catches up looking between the men.

"It's no longer just about Harry. Look, you have Siaph here, as well. Your best friend's daughter." he urges Snape.

"Siaph, what would you have me do?" Snape asks now squatting in front of me and taking my hands.

"I...I.." I look at him searching for some answer.

"I promise I will protect you. Until the end." he tells me. "I'll do what I couldn't for your father."

"I don't want to lose you, Severus. You're one of the closest people here to me." I feel tears threatening to overwhelm me.

"I don't want to give you false hope, like I'd been given." he glares at Dumbeldore.

"I think we need to work on at least gathering these... horcruxes?" I question the right word usage.

He nods. "I will continue to find out what I can." He pats my head and stands to leave.

Hermione takes my hand and we follow in suit leaving Dumbeldore to his own, selfish thoughts.

Hermione drags me through the halls, right into Severus' office.

"Sir, is there anywhere we can talk privately?" she asks him eyeing the photos on the wall.

He nods and leads us through a door off of his office.

"Nobody is to know you've been in here. What can I do for you?" he asks.

"WE need a real meeting. Harry..." she says looking about to cry again.

"Hogesmade. This saturday we can all gather at the Shrieking Shack." I suggest.

They both agree and we all agree for now, it's not time to tell Harry.

________

Over the next week Hermione and I scrounge the library for any new information. I'd written Charlie telling him I missed him. We avoided Umbridge and Harry at all costs. It'd just been an exhausting week.

Finally reaching the Shrieking Shack, I notice most everyone gathered. The only two missing were Bill and Charlie who'd I assumed to be busy in Eygpt and Romania.

"Let's make this quick." Snape tells me, uncomfortable with the Maurader's in the room.

"Okay, so we found the list with possible locations. This week I'd found another list in the library... it's titled Horcruxes and has some random items listed." I tell the group.

"Siaph, honey. What do you want us to do?" Sirius asks us.

"I think we should begin looking for them personally. However.." I say feeling overwhelmed with the thought of Harry.

"Harry has visions. I believe that the night his parent's murdered the Potters' were killed.. Harry was made into one of these.. Horcruxes.."Hermione manages to get out before being embraced by Sirius.

"Shhh.. Hermione. There's some time. We can figure something out." sirius whispers. She nods still sobbing.

The tension was palpable as the order members exchanged solemn glances. Remus and Tonks held hands as Snape looked at the group silently.

"Now, cheer up. Let's go over the lists and start figuring where to look." Sirius says and Hermione nods into his chest.

"I do feel the need to agree with Dumbeldore on this. Harry must not know until we know more, or can figure a solution. He can be very head strong." Hermione tells us.

"He will ultimately be the one leading us to the end." Snape says. All eyes in the room find him.

"Sniv- Severus. What are you on about?" Remus asks. I see Tonks punch his shoulder lightly. She winks at me after, knowing he was someone I cared for.

"Harry. If he is one of these things.. He will considerbly need to fight until the end." Snape explains.

"Let's work on finding a solution for now. Has there been movement on his side?" Tonks asks, calmer than her boyfriend.

"They were talking about some prophecy. It's vital they do not know.. or Harry may be gone before we get the chance to save him." Severus tells the group.

We discuss some possible locations and decide half of us to look for the horcruxes, half on finding soem way to save him. It was obviously unheard of for a person to be made into a Horcrux, but we needed to find some solution.

Sirius decided to stay to see Harry and take us out for Butterbeers. Harry looked sadly at Hermione, clearly upset about the distance made by her. I urge her to go with them, not to make the situation obvious. She nods and chases after them. Tonks and Remus bid me a farewell as the apparate to who knows where.

"So, how are you feeling?" Snape asks.

"I'd like to see Charlie, run away even for a night. Although, I guess I'll have next year for that." I say.

"Is that the choice you've made then for next year?" he asks me.

I nod,"I'd like to really work with creatures. Why not start a bit dangerous?"

"You know, I believe Scamanders son may be around still. Maybe you should see him at some point to get a better understanding of what he does." Snape suggests.

"That'd be brilliant, but with the shambles everything is in now.. is it truely okay?"

"I'll speak with Dumbeldore, however it may be considered a welcomed distraction. I must go now.. will you be okay to join your uncle?" he asks.

I nod and watch him take off before me. I follow the footprints in the snow and make my way to the three broomsticks.