freedom

"Sirius Black. You've been called before the Ministry today, due to a neglegance on our part." Fudge reads the paper in front of Wizengamot.

Sirius was sat before the court system awaiting to hear now that Petigrew's body had been recovered.

"Although, we do not condone running away and hiding from Minsitry officals, we do want to clear your name and consider time served for evasion. Any refusals?" Fudge says.

Not a single person refused the command and Fudge slammed the hammer on the desk.

Sirius Orion Black was cleared July 6th, 1995. I run up to him and embrace him tightly. He'd been dreaming of this day, as had the rest of us.

"I say we go for a bite, yeah?" he says before putting an arm around my shoulder.

I'd been the only one permitted to come, being family and all. Dumbeldore told us even though he was free, it'd be in our best intrest to keep it quiet. Nobody from the Prophet was allowed to attend the meeting on Fudge's orders.

Although, he didn't believe Voldemort was back, he wanted to get ahead of it in case it was the truth. They were still 'investigating' Pettigrew's death, ultimately freeing Sirius. Dumbeldore had contested on his behalf that he had reached out for help in turning himself in as his alibi.

_________

When we'd gotten back to Grimmauld Place, it was a party. Everyone, especially Remus celebrated the news. Charlie had been drinking a bit and stayed by my side the entire time. He'd told me alot how beautiful I was and how lucky he was.

"So, Harry can come now, right?" Hermione asks.

Theres a sudden silence over the crowd when nobody can answer.

"Hermione, he's safer with his aunt and uncle." Bill tries explaining to her.

She scoffs at him and crosses her arm over her chest. "Safer how? They abuse him there. He needs to comewith us."

"I think he means to say, it's easier to track him down with us. At least he stands a fighting chance with his muggle family. I know it's not what any of us want, but it's fact and Dumbeldore's orders." Charlie adds, trying to defuse the situation.

Hermione tears up and runs out of the room, quickly followed by Ginny and Ron. I look down sadly wishing Harry could be here too. They were right, of course.

"Sirius can't we bring him towards the end of the summer even? It's cruel. He's going to resent us anyway when he does come back." I try defending Hermione's opinion.

"I can try speaking with Dumbeldore, but now a days he's busy." Sirius tells me.

Everyone resumed drinking, or their seperate conversations when Ifeel Charlie pat my shoulder.

"You should go check on them. Take the twins." Charlie says, eyeing his brothers. They'd been trying to sneak a few drinks and were begining to be successful as the night went on.

I nod and kiss him on the cheek. I notice out of the corner of my eye Remus and Tonks were unusually close. He'd whisper something to her causing her to blush and giggle. I shake my head at the two as Ireach the twins. I hook my arms in there and pull them along with me.

"Why ruin our fun?" Fred asks.

"Yeah, Black. Don't want a drink yourself?" George adds.

I shake my head and look around to make sure nobody is paying attention. I grab a bottle of firewhiskey, while the twins do the same. They wink at me as they drag me along with them upstairs. We find Hermione crying into her hands and Ron and Ginny trying to comfort her.

"YOU! OUT OF ALL THE PEOPLE HERE, YOU SHOULD BE DEFENDING HIM." Hermione yells at me.

"Hermione, she just asked Sirius to try to speak with Dumbeldore." Fred says.

The twins move in front of me before she can murder me.

"Really?" she says calmly now. It's almost eerie. The twins nod and she sighs in defeat and sits on her bed.

"I think we all need a drink." George says pulling out the bottle of firewhiskey.

"I double that. Ginny go." Fred says.

Ginny shakes her head. "No way, I'm joining you or telling Mum. Your choice."

Ron shrugs and takes the bottle from his brother ahving a sip. He makes a face as the taste must have hit him. I laugh and pull out my bottle and set it on the dresser. We all take seats on the bed and the twins tell us about their joke shop they plan on opening.

"Mum'll murder you." Ron says.

"Mum can't say no." Fred winks.

"We're of age, it's our decision really." George adds.

"I think it's wonderful, knowing what you want to do." I tell them taking a sip from the bottle.

"You don't?" Hermione finally joins us taking a sip, becoming intrested in our conversation.

I shake my head,"Something with researching animals. I'd thought of a plan but now... I just suppose it'll be a day by day process."

"That's why we want to open the joke shop." Fred tells me.

"Bring humor to the dark road ahead." George adds.

We change the subject and begin talking about quidditch for the next year. They explain the twins are beaters and Harry is the seeker. That boy really couldn't get away from danger.

Ginny tells us she's excited for her fourth year and the boys tease her about Harry causing her face to become red.

"Yeah, well what about Saiph and Charlie? I'm surprised they aren't married yet." Ginny tells us defiantly, turning her body away from us.

"Yes, do tell us how Charlie is." Hermione teases. She must have been tipsy because she loosened up.

I nearly spit out my drink and laugh at Hermione's change of heart and Ginny's childish antics. I take another sip of my drink and lay back on the bed.

"I'm in love with him." I tell them.

Ginny comes and hovers over me staring at me.

"Really?" she questions.

"He loves her too. I'd heard him talking to Sirius." Fred tells us.

"Fred, I'm insulted. You should've told me." George says placing a hand on his heart as if he'd been stabbed.

He ushers for all of us to come closer so we do. Once huddled he begins his story.

"Well, I was thirsty, dry house. Anyway, I'd gone down the steps and stopped just at the doorway, when I heard voices. I realized it was Charlie and Sirius. Sirius told Charlie to take care of our litte star here. Charlie agreed, obviously and told Sirius that he was thinking of taking Siaph to Romania, to keep her safe." He says as he pulls away and puffing out his chest proudly.

"Wait.. what?" Ron asks.

"Charlie had spoken to me and told me he'd find a position over there helping with dragons." I tell him.

He nods and then takes a drink. I had to admit Ron's staminia was something to be matched.

"Well all, I'm going to bed. Siaph, be safe." Hermione tells me as she stands.

"I'm going with. See you in a bit, yeah?" Ginny asks. I nod and watch the girls leave the room.

"Lightweights, Siaph, drink up. It may be our one chance." Fred tells me.

"Fred, you'll have plenty of time after the end of the year." I rebutle, shaking my head.

"Right, but it won't be as fun as this. Breaking the rules." George tells me.

I chuckle and take the bottle gulping a couple of sips. I was beginning to feel tipsy as I sat on the bed once more.

"If you go with Charlie, you'll visit?" Ron asks me.

"Of course." I nod.