Thoughts

"Minerva can teach you." Dumbeldore says, not buying my lies.

"Not that I don't trust her but I want Sirius." I say not explaining why.

"He's not around. If you are persistant, I may be able to get him here for your next Hogesmade trip." he says after sitting in his office for a long time.

I agree, thinking it was the safest option. I told him I was going with Hermione today to look up more information on the Horcruxes and he nods sending me on my way. Something about that was too easy, although I wasn't sure why.

____

"Hermione, just calm down." I try to get her to stop for onemoment. Since we've been in the library this morning, she'd been nonstop reading.

"Siaph, I feel like we're so close." Hermione says opening up her third book fo the day.

"Stop for one minute. Let's think about it. How was the diary destoryed again?" I ask her.

"A basilisk fang." she says promptly still reading.

"So it needs the venom to be destroyed?" I ask her.

She drops her book and looks at me with a realization. "Let's go tell Dumbeldore."

I nod, thinking that this might be enough to put me in his good graces for awhile anyway. There had to be other ways but this had to be the quickest way with the thing still in the chamber.

"Sirius is coming to the next Hogesmade weekend, if you were curious." Hermione tells me. She'd read the journals but didn't ask me about them when we'd gotten into the library, for which I was grateful.

I kind of pushed of my emotions about it to the side to focus on one task at a time. Now with this new information, I'm going ot have to research more about careers with animals. I'd forgotten about that amongst the new discoveries.

Dumbeldore wasn't in his office when we checked, so Ipromised Hermione we could come tomorrow in search of him. She reluctantly agreed as we made our way back to the Gryffindor common room. We'd run into Draco on the way and Hermione stopped to talk to him.

I looked at the time and figured I'd had enough time to make it to the Owlery and make it back before curfew. The tower wasn't actually far, thankfully. I missed Charlie so I was hoping I could write him and have him come this weekend if he could get the time off.

Walking into the Owlry I see Harry petting Hedwig. He gently stroked her as she leaned into his touch. I smile, hoping we may have found a way to save him.

I jot down a quick note to Charlie and turn my attention back to Harry. He's watching me carefully and Isigh. I wish he didn't have to go through what we eventually knew was going ot happen. There had to be a way to save the boy who would surely sacrifce it all for everyone.

"Harry." I say. .

"Siaph, haven't seen you and Hermione around much." he raises his eyebrows to me.

"Sorry, I stole your best friend. I actually have alot to catch you up on." I say thinking I should tell him about the journals. Okay, maybe not all of it but the fact that my family had left notes for me.

He nods and I explain in a lighter manner what I'd found in the journals. How they'd left me notes saying how much they love me and how I hoped I was living up to their dreams.

I deliberately left out the partsabout the travels and them being hunted by death eaters in case Voldemort would try to invade Harry's mind. I trusted harry just not Voldemort. His mind was easily infiltrated it seemed, unfortunately.

Realizing we'd made it into the common room Harry asks, "I need to find Ron, will you be okay?" as he places a hand on my shoulder. Inod and tell him to be safe on his way. Worry was the main emotion I felt towards him.

I looked around finding that the common room was empty for the evening I flopped onto the couch. Leaning my head back I allowed myself to shut my eyes and collect my thoughts.

Dumbeldore should be fine for a bit with the new found infomation. I figured I could talk to Sirius about the letters and information once I'd see him this weekend. I also was floating around with what career Iwanted to enter. Did Iwant to be a Magizooligist, Dragon Tamer, in the ministry? Knowing I wanted to help creatures helped but I still felt uncertain.

Clouded by my thoughts, Ihadn't realized that anyone had entered the common room. I felt them tap on my shoulder and take a seat next to me. Peeking out of the corner of my eye I see Hermione sitting with a cup of tea and offering it to me. I grin and take a grateful sip.

"What did Draco want?" I ask her curiously.

"Oh, not much. Wanted to see how you were." Hermione says with a blush creeping on her face.

"Are you sure that's all?" I wink at her.

She shoves my shoulder and laughs. I can't help but notice how geniune the laugh is for the first time in awhile. It seems the studying and reasearch was a distraction. Everything with Ron had taken a toll on her and their friendship. I wasn't quite sure when the last time she had really spoken to either him or Harry was. I breifly explain that he missed her and she should check in and she nods.

"I think Draco might really be serious about changing." she whispers making sure only I can hear.

I nod. "He does seem to be scared."

"It's hard for him, I imagine. I don't think he really has many choices that he can make for himself." she tells me.

"I hope we can help him. Even if its only a bit." I say.

"I'm scared too. What if we die?" Hermione sighs.

"Then we come back here as ghosts." I tease winking at her.