first day back

I stared at the familiar entrance to get on the platform. A lot of members of the Order had come with us. They wanted to make sure no Death Eaters were going to be present. I had to say they blended in well. Just before I'm about to go Charlie pulls me into a corner. Confused I look at him and see his passion in his eyes. I smile and feel him take my left hand.

He slid my mothers ring on my finger and kisses my forhead and then my lips.

"I love you, Siaph. Out of all the uncertanity, this I do know. I promise to love you until my dying breath. Please, one day marry me."

I giggle and nod. He gives me a hug before shooing me off onto the platform waving goodbye as I send my final glance. I smile as I board the train and find a seat with the twins and Lee. I can't believe it's my final year.

"Who do you think the Defense teacher will be this year?" Lee asks us.

"Hopefully someone competent." I say, before opening my eyes wide and covering my mouth. I was becoming more defiant over the summer, Iknew that.

"Siaph, proud of you."

"Seems we're wearing off on you." The twins say simataneously and both winking at me.

Shaking my head I glance down at my hand and smile to myself. Fred notices what I'm doing and grabs my hand before whistling.

"Wow, Siaph. Thanks for telling us, last to know I guess." George says admiring my ring.

I pull my hand back and blush. "Actually, it's just happened. So, technically, you're the first to know." I murmur.

"As we should." they say together grinning at me. Lee asks to see it and I extend my hand to him. He tells me it's beautiful.

"It was my mom's. I wanted to give it more life than what it had." I say staring down at the ring.

"She'd be happy for that. I think." George tells me. Fred nods to show his agreeance.

As the train ride continues, the twins tell me about their plan to leave school this year. They weren't sure if they'd make it to graduation. Apparently, they'd been scouting locations and were very close to choosing it. I tell them about my plan to join Charlie in Romania, they look in awe.

When we reach Hogwarts, I see Hagrid waving down first years. He gives me a wave, I happily return. I skip to find Hermione and Ginny and show them the ring. They gasp and congratulate me. I grin widely as we take our seats at the table.

I look around and meet Draco's eye. He waves to me out of the glances of his friends and I hold up my hand and he sends me a smile. I suddenly realize we may be able to extend our group offer to him. It was tricky finding him away from his friends.

I hear Dumbeldore clear his throat as he begins the lecture of the rules, I see a woman at the front, dressed in all pink. She looks creepy with her smile at the crowd.

"Ahem." she says interrupting Dumbeldore, something never done before.

She goes on a tangent about herself and the ministry. Hermione tells us this means the ministry is invading Hogwarts. I assured her we shouldn't worry too much, if Fudge thought he was back. I don't think this woman would last.

I walk to the common room with my friends after the feast, feeling tired and excited. I was excited for this year, truth be told. I also couldn't wait for it to be over. Hermione agrees to start the search in the library the next day after we compared schedules. I wasn't taking an over abundance of classes this year, so I had some time.

I fall asleep once my head hits the pillow and dream about three children running around as Charlie holds me and we watch them play.

______________________

The next morning, I look at my schedule. I'd booked a double Care for Magical creatures amongst my classes. I smile to myself. Dumbeldore announced Hagrid wouldn't be present for this year, so I was unsure of who would be teaching.

I'd managed getting out of DADA classes this year, thankfully. I don't think I'd be able to manage everything plus deal with Umbridge. I feel a tap on my shoulder and Hermione shows me her timetable. She has a free period now as do I, so we agree to go to the library.

Once entering Madame Pince gives us a friendly wave. We greet her back and go to the restricted section. I wasn't sure where to begin before Hermione went to the check the Kardex. Apparently, there a whole section just on dark arts. We had our work cut out for us.

I pick up the first book and decide I'll work my way down the row, until I find something. Just as I reach to get a book, a strange feeling takes over me. I wouldn't know how to describe it, besides someone calling out to you.

I follow the feeing and pick up a book that looks worse for wear. I sit down in front of the case and open the book and find a paper fall out. Looking around I see Hermione sat at a table with a stack of books already. I shrug and open the note and find:

Horcrux

1. Ring
2. Locket
3. Diadem
4. Cup
5. Diary
6.??

I stare at the list and try finding the page it was referencing in the index. I was unable to find the word Horcrux but stuff the note in my pocket for later. I read the book quickly, not noticing any of the words on the list in it.
Just what was a Horcrux?

I see Hermione and tell her I'm off to Potions and she waves to me. Lost in thought as I walk into potions, I take my seat next to Fred and wait for Snape to come in. He assigns our work and I have trouble focusing.

"Ms. Black, a word?" he asks as everyone leaves the room.

Istay and silently walk up to him, still lost in thought.

"What's going on with you today? You know this potion, you've done it before." he tells me as I reach into my pocket. Ihand him the note and try to watch his expressions. He remains seated studying it.