Chapter 9*

That is El's outfit that I pictured!! You can picture whatever your heart desires though!

E

Harry was not kidding when he said 30 minutes. He sat on the closed toilet seat while I sat on my sink trying to make myself somewhat presentable. He did not hesitate to remind me every five minutes that it had in fact been another five minutes. And every time I would shoot him a death glare.

Harry had requested that he helped me pick out an outfit for tonight in order to speed up the process. After my hair and makeup were done I finally got to see what he picked out.

A leather jacket, dark grey baggy jeans and a simple white crop top. For sure going to show more skin than I necessarily enjoy, but I try it on nonetheless.

When it's all on and I put on some old sneakers with it, I turn to Harry and gesture my hands down my body silently asking for his opinion.

"Yes. Absolutely. You look hot" He said eagerly. His word of choice is usually beautiful, so to be called hot is a big confidence booster.

He is not shy with the way his eyes rake over my body. Being under his stare is making me feel jittery. It was like he was staring at me under a microscope. I don't feel uncomfortable, but I don't know what to do. He stands up abruptly and says "Yeah, let's go before I don't let us leave."

I laugh a little at this. He is pretty blunt in regard to anything sexual. He isn't someone to shy around communicating that he wants to do certain things. It has helped me feel a lot more comfortable. We haven't had sex yet, but I feel a lot more content with the idea of it as the days go on.

I grab my bag and throw any necessary stuff I might need for the night and we head out the door. Harry gets the uber there and I promise to get the uber home. "Oh, so you want to take me home tonight, huh?" he asks while wiggling his eyebrows. His sense of humor is something that I will never get sick of. "You can go home alone if you'd prefer, smart ass" I sarcastically replied. We both share this sarcastic banter back and forth quite often. It keeps the conversation interesting.

Not too long after we pull up to the same bar I had been to not long ago. It still resembles a hole in the wall and the golden colored lights glow through the front windows. Harry takes my hand in his and we walk into the bar. I can spot Niall from the entrance sitting at a high top with a few other people. I recognize most of them from the first time I came here. I feel my social awkwardness start to bubble up in my throat and my stomach flutters.

I can feel Harry's hand give mine a gentle squeeze and I look up to him to see his eyes already on mine. "You want to get a drink first and then we can go say hey?" he offers. "Yeah. Maybe two or three. We'll see." I don't plan on getting shit faced, but whatever happens, happens.

We head to the bar and Harry orders 6 tequila shots. I am not a tequila drinker, but I guess I can be tonight. I know 3 shots will do exactly what I want it to do though.

The bartender hands us the tray with all 6 shot glasses filled along with a little dish of limes. I watch Harry grab one and down it without any kind of chaser. "What?" he asks when he looks down at me to meet my gaze that was already on him. "You're a psychopath. I'm dating a psychopath." I said.

Oh fuck. Dating? Fuck.

"Oh so we're dating?" He smirks at me.

"Um. I didn't mean to say that. Sorry that was my bad." I try to cover my tracks. "Soooo you don't want to be my girlfriend then..?" he asks slowly.

My head whips in his direction. Girlfriend??? He wants me to actually be his girlfriend??

I hardly ever feel wanted. I spent most of my life feeling more like an inconvenience in life. Especially after my mom died. Except Niall. Niall has never once made me feel that way. He is my source of consistency. He is like the moon and the stars. He is just always there. Always will be.