Chapter 38

H

"Harryyy, wake up"

Hearing her sweet melodic voice first thing in the morning will never get old. She's been whispering my name in my ear for the past five minutes, only taking breaks when I assume she gets distracted by her own fingers touching my skin. I would hear her and then feel her delicate fingers trace my skin, obviously playing close attention to the tattoos on my bicep and chest. 

I've simply been enjoying this too much to open my eyes and ruin the moment. Once I open my eyes, this will stop. The only time she tries this hard to wake me up is when she wants something.

A few weeks ago, she woke me up just past five in the morning because a new coffee shop was opening around the corner from her apartment and we "had to try it as soon as it opened". Her words, not mine. Another time she wanted breakfast, but specifically french toast made by me. We've been over more than once how capable she is, but she wanted me to make it.

She wants me to wake up for her own benefit, which is fine, but I'll lay here with my eyes closed for a bit longer before giving into her.

"I know you're awake" she says, but I don't give in. She has no clue, she's just trying to get me to open my eyes.

But, then I feel her start running her hands down to my sides. It's calming the way her fingernails lightly brush over my bare sides. I can feel the goosebumps all over my body and it takes everything in me to hold back the hum begging to escape from my lips.

And then she starts fucking tickling me.

My eyes shoot open and my immediate reaction was to try and squirm as far away from her. "El, stop, stop, stop, please" I beg as she straddles my lap and moves her fingers to dance over my ribs.

I keep trying to toss and turn to get her off of me, but she has her thighs squeezing onto my hips, preventing me from doing much.

"I'll stop if you get up" she says, lightening up the pressure of her fingers on my side.

"I'm up, I'm up" I hold my hands up in defense.

"Good" her hands come off my sides completely, but rather go flat against my chest, supporting some of her weight. She leans down and softly connects our lips, but as quickly as she connected them, she's pulling away rolling off of me. "I want to go to the beach." she says, turning onto her side and propping her head onto her hand so she's looking at me.

"Then let's go to the beach, my love" I tuck a piece of hair behind her ear.

We didn't get back to the condo until around three in the morning last night and all El was talking about while we were laying in bed trying to sleep was that she couldn't wait to go to the beach. The music festival is still happening tonight as well, but we're taking the day to do whatever we want to do and then we'll go there once it's dark outside.

The sun is entirely too miserable to stand out there all day again.

El and I roll out of bed, messily pulling the comforter back to the top of the bed to try and make the room look a bit more put together. She runs off to the bathroom to get ready while I just get ready in our bedroom. She grabbed a few bathing suits from her bag before running off, so I took that as her way of saying that she wants to be alone when she's putting them on.

She wants to judge herself before I'd ever be able to.

I wouldn't ever judge her. Never once in a million years, but her mind may tell her something completely different.

But, letting herself make a judgment before anyone else can is a way that she is able to gain some sort of control over her own emotions. And if it's a good judgement, then she's taking control in a good way. If it's a bad judgment, then we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.