Chapter 10

There is a POV change about halfway through the chapter! Just be mindful to look out for that!

Enjoy!!

H

I felt the apartment walls shake with how forcefully a door was slammed. I could hear El scream and then I felt everything shake. Next thing I see is her dipshit of a brother speed walking past the living room and heading for the front door.

"What the fuck happened, Jackson?" I heard Niall say next to me. We were obviously lost on whatever happened that made her blow up on him.

I know family is touchy for her. I know a little more now than I did at the start of the day, but I don't know everything there is to it. I don't ever expect to know everything, but I am glad she feels okay enough to open up a little bit more as time goes on.

I feel so much sadness towards her. But I feel so much fucking anger over it as well. Her fucking dad. If I ever get the chance to meet that son of a bitch, his blood will be on my hands. The amount of rage I felt when she was laying with me in the tub and just breaking down. But I also felt so sad. My heart was breaking for this fragile girl sitting with me.

"She just freaked out. Don't ask me. I'm fucking leaving." Jackson's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. It was filled with pure annoyance and hate. He sounded absolutely disgusted by her.

He hardly even stopped walking out the door to answer Niall and before I knew it, the front door was also being slammed shut.

"I'll go make sure she's okay." I stood up and started walking towards her room. I figured she wasn't necessarily okay, but I just had to check.

I knocked lightly on the door and I got absolutely no response from the other side. I could hear things falling and hitting the floor though. I tried knocking a little louder and all I got was a 'go away' in return.

I respect her and her privacy don't get me wrong, but I just wanted to make sure she was okay. So I opened the door.

And there she was, beautiful as ever sitting in front of a huge canvas painting away. She had earbuds in which I assume is the cause for her not hearing my dainty knocking. I couldn't tell what she was painting, but she was just using a really big brush to put big strokes of a blue paint across the canvas. I have never seen her create any kind of art, I just know she's really fucking good at it.

I don't want to scare her too much, so I just walk behind her and place my hand on her shoulder. I guess that didn't work though because she practically jumped out of her seat at my touch.

"Jesus, Harry. You scared the shit out of me." she says a little too loud for my liking. I understand she's mad or upset, but I don't like being yelled at like that. I am a very patient person and I always have been, but I won't let myself be talked to like the villain in a situation where I'm not. I don't want to act like her parent or anything.. I just don't like being talked to like that.

"Okay. Let's take a step back. Can we try and communicate rather than yell, please?" I offered her. Like I said, I'll be patient with her.

I watched her take a deep breath before looking behind her where I was standing "Sorry.. I didn't mean to yell at you.. You did nothing wrong. I just need to be alone for a little because I really don't want to be mean to you, but there is a chance that could happen."

Communication. It is a lot easier to just do that then start yelling or getting pissed off.

"Okay. That's fine. Do you need anything from me or Niall right now?" I offer her. I'll let her have her time alone if that's what she needs and truthfully I feel fine leaving her alone. She seems more pissed off than upset right now, so I think sorting some stuff out with herself would be good.