Chapter 14

E

Last night was one of the best nights of my life. Feeling loved just feels so fucking good.

The two of us laid together on that silly rock, that gave me some odd sense of comfort for many months, for probably an hour. I wasn't sure what kind of reaction I would get from him when I told him how I felt. I also did it so suddenly, but it just felt right. I have lost people in my life that I would kill to tell them I loved them one more time.

When you love someone, tell them. That's what my mother would tell me anyway.

He put my painting into a gallery.. The happiness that coursed through me was overwhelming.

Turning the corner in this small art gallery to see my very own work hanging on the wall was something I never expected.

When it started to rain as we were wrapped in each other on this huge boulder it pulled us right out of the trance of one another. We were both immediately standing up, jumping off the rock and making a run for it.

It was a fast paced run through the streets of Brooklyn. Hand in hand and just trying to make it back to my house as fast as possible. I mean we very easily could have called a car, but where is the fun in that? We were both soaked anyway, there was no sense in drenching some person's backseat.

It took us about an hour to get back and by the thirty minute mark we were slowly walking and regretting the decision of doing this journey by foot. I mean the fucking subway exists for a reason. Why didn't we use it? No clue, but it was nice to talk to him.

I know I had mascara running down my face and my hair was stuck to the side of my face and neck. His shirt was clinging to his chest and his hair fell flat so there were some loose drenched curls sitting on his forehead.

We talked about England and the plans for that, I told him how Jackson had reached back out to me to apologize and I even told him a little more about my mom. It's weird talking about her to anyone other than Niall, but even that conversation is very limited nowadays.

Harry was quite shocked to hear about Jackson reaching out to me. His eyes went wide and he just looked at me to explain more. Long story short, he apologized and said that he didn't want to lose me over him not being able to control his temper. It took me a while to answer him and I was reluctant to do it. There wasn't complete forgiveness given from me, but I told him that I wouldn't hold a grudge. I don't forgive him and I don't know if I will be able to for a while, but he's basically the only family I have.. I don't want to cut him off either.

When we got back to my apartment, Harry was practically dragging me up the stairs because he "needed to do something very important" as he put it. We busted through my front door and both yelled hello's to Niall who was sat on the couch with his eyes glued to his video game. He barely even looked at us as we ran down the hall and to my room. There was a trail of water following us the whole way through the apartment, but neither of us really cared about that.

As soon as we were in my room Harry walked straight to my stack of canvases and pulled out our list. I watched him grab the black acrylic paint from my desk and a medium sized paint brush. A small dollop of paint was put on the end of the brush and he drew a thick black line through the words 'fall in love'.

A wide toothy smile was plastered on my face as I watched him. It was a simple line, but his eyebrows were furrowed deeply, his jaw was harshly locked and the tip of his tongue was just poking out past his lips showing me how concentrated he was on this line of paint being perfect.

He had set the canvas down and looked up to me looking for some kind of approval. It was very endearing.

The rest of the night was spent with lots of wine and me watching two boys scream at a tv. I truly wouldn't change it for the world though.