Chapter 19

TW: Mentions of suicide and panic attacks

E

I don't know how I got into my bed, but here I am. I remember getting to the crowded club and the first 6 drinks that I had, but everything after that turns into a blur.

My head is pounding and my stomach is churning as I lay here looking at the ceiling.

The unsettling feeling in my stomach only progresses the longer that I lay here. As soon as my mind starts thinking about the copious amounts of tequila I indulged in, I'm detangling myself from Harry's hold and running to the bathroom.

Thankfully nobody is already in here, so I can run in and kneel next to the toilet to completely empty my stomach.

My palms are sweaty and my hands have a light shake to them as I continue to get sick. My throat burns and everything around me feels like it's spinning.

I feel two hands touch my shoulders causing me to jump, but Harry is quick to hush me.

My stomach still churns, but I don't feel the need to continue to get sick.

"You okay?" I hardly hear Harry ask. It's like everything around me is just stuck in a haze. I think I nod my head at him. At least I tried. Maybe I'm still drunk.

"I'll get you some water" he says, sounding groggy and simply exhausted.

I don't even know how much time passes before Harry is walking back into the bathroom with a glass of ice water for me.

I lift my head off of the toilet seat to see him crouched down next to me with the water in his hand. He reaches up and flushes the toilet so there is only clean water there.

"Thank you" I mumble out, taking the water from his hand and drinking small amounts at a time.

"Do you still feel like you're going to be sick?" he asks me, rubbing small circles on my back.

"I don't think so. I think I'm still drunk. I blacked out." I tell him as if he wasn't the person I came home to.

"I'm aware. Niall and I had to help all three of you up the stairs. Let's sleep for a little longer and then we'll see how you feel" he says with a very flat tone.

"You go to bed. I'm good here." I tell him not wanting to annoy him. I feel bad when someone else takes care of me, so I'm fine with staying in here alone.

"Don't be silly. Just come lay in bed." he tries to persuade me again. 

"I'm fine here." I tell him, setting the glass onto the floor next to me and laying my head back on my arms that rest on the toilet seat.

I hear Harry stand up and leave the bathroom without saying anything else to me.

I guess I well and truly pissed him off. His patience is something I have always appreciated about him and I got really lucky to have, but I may have just burst his bubble.

It's hardly a minute later before I hear him come back in and a blanket is draped over my shoulders. I feel him start pulling my hair into a bun that rests in the middle of the back of my head. I hear two quiet thumps from behind me that force me to lift my head off of the toilet and turn around. There he is, leaning against the wall with a pillow behind him and another next to him for me. He has a few other blankets laid out on the floor beneath him and next to him as well as one on his body.

"Come lay down" he tells me, patting the ground next to him for me to join him.

I crawl from my seated position to go lay next to him, but stop ask I'm about to lay down.