Chapter 36

There is a pov switch, so be on the lookout for that!! Don't forget to vote, comment, let me know what you think <333

H

One month later

The warm Miami sun shines through the window. It was hot as shit in the room El and I were sleeping in because we accidentally fell asleep with the window wide open.

We wanted to listen to the waves.

I meant to close the window before actually going to bed, but I forgot and now the room has to be 85 degrees.

On top of that, El's body is on mine, so her body heat is making my body feel like it's been in a sauna for six hours.

I gently move her limp body off of mine and roll off the bed to shut the window. Before shutting the window, I look out onto the beach. There aren't many people out there since it's only just past 7:00 am, but the air is already humid and hot. The waves are crashing in the most peaceful way and I can see a few boats in the distance.

The sun is just above the horizon, casting an orange glow over the whole beach. The way the rays hit the water is almost blinding, but it's so beautiful that I can't take my eyes off of it. 

Miami beach is by no means the most beautiful beach in the world, but I love it all the same. The beach is one of my favorite places to be. It's where I find the most tranquility. 

One day, I hope to have the most beautiful beach house that has sand rather than grass in the backyard. Clear blue water and pearly white sand. 

All for El and I.

But for now, I got us a three bedroom condo. It's on the top floor of the building, letting us see miles and miles down the beach.

El was so enamored with the view, I had to basically drag her to come lay in bed last night.

That's when we compromised on keeping the window open, so we could hear the waves until she fell asleep.

But then I fell asleep, so now the room is a sweatbox.

"Why is it so fucking hot?" I hear El's groggy voice.

"Forgot to close the window. We can go in the other bedroom and sleep for a bit longer if you want?" I told her.

"What time is it?" I turn around to see her rolling onto her side to face me.

"Just past 7:00. You want breakfast or you wanna sleep?" I ask her.

A smile pulls onto her face before she mumbles "Breakfast would be great."

"Then get your pretty ass up. Let's go cook together." I tell her, walking towards the door.

I know what she's about to say before she even says it.

1..2..

"Harry, I can't cook"

There it is.

"Harry I can't cook" I repeat back to her in my best girly American accent. "You can. You did on my birthday. Come on, it'll be fun." I turn back towards her and see her face dug deep into the feather pillow.

"I don't talk like that." her voice is muffled into the pillow.

"Not the point, darling. Come on. Get up." I urge her

She lets out a dramatic groan before lifting her face from the pillow and looking over her shoulder at me. Her eyes narrow at me and I just stay leaned against the door frame to our room waiting for her to finish throwing a pity party.