Epilogue

5 Years Later

H

I've wanted to have a kid of my own for as long as I can remember. Being a dad was always something I wanted in my life.

And well, nearly four years ago, a few weeks after we were officially married, El had four positive pregnancy tests laying on the kitchen table when I had come home from work. My heart dropped into my stomach because we hadn't really talked about having kids yet. I figured we would wait a few years, take it slow, but those pregnancy tests said otherwise. I remember El had smiled after we stood there staring at each other for a few seconds. When I first saw all of the tests, I didn't let myself react because I didn't know what the right reaction was. If she wasn't happy then that would grant a much different reaction than if she was excited. But once I saw that smile, that beautiful fucking smile, I knew everything would be okay.

Since it was right after we were married, we were still in the honeymoon phase of our marriage. While we were dating, the whole thing was basically a honeymoon phase, but it just felt so much different when we were married. Watching El sign her name as Eleanor Styles made every muscle in my body feel warm. I was in love with the idea of actually spending forever with her. 

Our wedding was very small, but it was absolutely perfect. We had everyone that we loved there. My family all flew over to the states which made it even more special. We got married in a small botanical garden, had a quick reception after the ceremony and called it a night. We didn't do anything very extravagant, but it was everything I could ever imagine. It was one of the happiest moments of my life.

Another was when we first found out that our baby was in fact two babies. I remember El and I sat in the sonogram room and cried looking at our babies on the small screen.

El had a really great pregnancy, every day was different, but overall she said she felt lucky with how easy it was. The first few months were the hardest by far though. Mentally more than physically. El went through a few periods where she was unhappy with how her body was changing, she didn't feel like herself, but I tried to remind her every day how beautiful she looked, how much I cherished what she was putting herself through for us.  I wanted to engrave into her brain how amazing what was happening was. Plus, she really did look so fucking beautiful while she was pregnant.

Well, she does look beautiful pregnant.

Lavender and Lennox, our twins, are three now and El is 36 weeks along with our third child. We decided to keep the gender a surprise with this one. I secretly think it's a girl, but El thinks it's a boy.

The twins being born was a moment I will never ever forget. El went into labor two weeks earlier than we were expecting, it was a very long night, but I can't say too much because I wasn't the one about to push two babies out of me. I was just the moral and emotional support, El did the hard part. Watching her literally rip her body apart for our children made me respect her as a person and simply as a woman so much. I always did respect her, but that was an experience I will always respect and love her for.

Like I said, the twins are three now. Lav is the quiet one of the two of them. Her and El are very alike. It's almost scary how similar they act and look. She has the same chocolate brown hair and same round brown eyes. It's literally like having a mini El running around our house. People always say that their kids are their 'mini me's', but I was not expecting it to be this accurate. She's stubborn like El, but is one of the sweetest souls I have ever met.

Lennox is our wild child when comparing him to Lav. He'll talk to anyone and everyone. Lavender, not so much. She likes the familiarity rather than the unknown. She and Lennox are both very smart kids, but they show it in very different ways. Lennox has such a complex personality and an insane sense of self for a three year old. He's so in tune with his morals, I've never seen a child pick up on the distinction of right and wrong from such an early age. While he's very rambunctious and extroverted, he's also such a caring kid. He's compassionate in a very childlike way, but still so compassionate.