Chapter 23

E

Date night.

It's one of my favorite kinds of nights.

Harry and I don't often go out together for real dates, but rather just walk to get take out from the Italian restaurant a few blocks away or something that for sure can not be classified as a real date. We are home bodies and enjoy just basking in each other's company rather than being out and about all of the time.

That doesn't mean that I don't absolutely adore a nice night with just us two though.

Both Harry and I didn't really consider the fact that we were planning on going to a drive-in during the winter months, and normally they aren't even open during December, but I guess the week before Christmas they open up and show a ton of classic Christmas movies and that's what we're watching tonight.

"Okay, I have like 10 blankets in the car, a few pillows, and we can stop for snacks on the way there." he says, looking me up and down. "You'll be okay in that?" he motions to my outfit.

"I"ll be fine. Plus you're basically a space heater, so I'm not worried." I laugh.

"So you're using me?" he tilts his head to the side.

"You said it, I didn't" I raise my hands in defense.

"Okay, smartass, let's go." he grabs his backpack off of the floor and slips one arm through a strap before starting to walk out of his room.

"Wait" I grab his wrist before he can make it completely out of his room.

"What?"

I pull him closer to me, so his toes practically step on my own and crane my neck upward to press a kiss on his lips.

Velvet. His lips always feel like velvet on my own.

"I love you. Hope you know that" I mumble, pulling my lips away from him.

"And I love you." a smile spreads on his lips before he's dipping his head down to meet my height and pressing a kiss to my lips and then the tip of my nose. "Let's go, pretty. We have a movie to see and if we don't leave now, then I'll never let us out of this bedroom again. So, let's go while we still can" he jokes. 

The two of us walk down the stairs and I follow Harry towards the living room where Anne is sat. The fireplace is lit causing the whole downstairs to be significantly warmer than upstairs. She has some random movie playing in the background as she flips through pages of a book. 

Her home is the epitome of comfort. The rustic feel, the fireplace burning real wood, multiple throw blankets scattered on every chair and over the couch, family photos hung all over the walls. Even the scent of lavender with hints of vanilla that is fragrant in every corner of the cottage style house. It all just screams comfort..

"We're heading out. I'll let you know that we got there okay." Harry says to his mom.

"You two are crazy for going there when it's this cold." his mom shakes her head with a small laugh.

"It's special to us" he shrugs, referencing our list.

I never thought that a silly list would genuinely mean as much as it does to me. His intentions were to try to motivate me or let me have things to look forward to, and I doubted it. I doubted that a list of seemingly unattainable things would actually have me looking forward to the next few months.

Things on a day to day basis aren't easy, but with Harry's help he has let me try to see a future for myself. That's something I was never able to do.