Chapter 55

Last one :(( love you guys so very much <33

Six Months Later

E

"El, Wake up." I feel a nudge on my shoulder. I'm fully aware that it's Harry, but I have no clue why he's trying to wake me up when there is no sunlight in our room yet. "Eleanor" he shakes my shoulder again.

"What time is it?" I ask him, keeping my eyes closed.

"5:30. Get up, this is important." he tells me.

Against every thought floating through my mind, I peel my eyes open, being met with Harry's face abnormally close to mine.

"Good morning, pretty girl. Get up. We have somewhere to be." he places a quick kiss to my forehead before rolling off the bed. He's talking way too fast and is far too energetic for the fact that I just opened my eyes.

"The sun isn't even up yet, Harry." I groan, pulling the comforter up and over my head.

"That's the point." He says from the bottom of our bed. I can hear him moving around, changing his clothes, and walking to the bathroom. "Wake up. Get changed. We have to be out of here in thirty minutes." and then the bathroom door closes behind him.

I groan, pushing the covers from my body, feeling the coldness in the air from the air conditioning. We're halfway into September, so it's still pretty warm outside, but the mornings have a certain crispness to them. It's not quite fall yet, but it's no longer in the peak of summer, so the mornings and nights are considerably cooler, but the sun is still strong during the day.

In the last six months, I've worked really hard to make this apartment as homelike as I possibly can. The amount of space made it hard to make it seem comfortable while still chic enough to accommodate the type of space we have. My old apartment was one of the coziest spots I've ever created, but this bedroom, this apartment, it's all different, so I had to take a different approach.

The hardest part was trying to convince Harry that a velvet green couch would in fact make the perfect piece in the living room. He ended up loving it, but it took some convincing.

Nearly four months ago, I got a call that I was expecting to go a lot differently. I finally secured an art fellowship, focusing mostly on realism painting using oils. It's been keeping me very busy, so I no longer help out around the publishing house, but I stop in every once in a while. That gives me a chance to see Niall and Bailey too.

As for Niall, we end up seeing each other almost every other day. He shows up at our place often and Harry and I go to his as much as we can. We have a good thing going, our relationship is just as strong as it was months ago.

A part of me knew that nothing between Niall and I would ever change, regardless of where I was living, but that didn't stop the fear in the back of my mind telling me that we'll lose touch, drift apart.

But, we didn't, so the fear dissipated on it's own.

"Are you ready?" I hear Harry yell from the bathroom.

"Yep." I yell back, hurrying to the closet to get changed before he comes out of the bathroom to see that I'm in fact not ready at all.

I don't even know what I'm getting ready for. It's not even 6:00 in the morning.. for all I know he's taking me across state lines. I never know what I'm getting myself into when I agree to these secret adventures.

I change into a lightweight crew neck and a pair of leggings, assuming that an adventure this early does not require any nice clothing options.

I join Harry in the bathroom just as he's finishing washing his face. I do the same, brush my teeth and attempt to run a brush through my hair to tame it as much as possible.