09 | 5-Step Groom Search Process •

Do follow me buddies ( ruhani_gupta) so that you don't miss out on any important announcements.

Also Please do Vote (The Star Icon⭐) and Comment. It motivates your author to write more.

Roka: Means officially we have stopped each other. This ceremony is done basically to stop the search for any more alliances.

Happy Reading!

Riya's Pov

Today was one of those rare, perfect days that lifted people's moods and eased their anxieties. With a web of fluffy clouds cloaking the sky, a wedge of sunlight bursting through them, and a dewy breeze whispering through the trees, the whole atmosphere felt serene and peaceful.

As I relished the zephyr on the balcony, a gust of cool wind trailed over my bare arm, eliciting a series of chilly goosebumps on my skin. Instinctively, I let my palm ensconce my arms in pursuit of some warmth.

Contentment and tranquillity swarmed my insides witnessing a group of children playing across the street unfazed by the upcoming thunder. The thought of getting drenched didn't concern them as they continued squeaking and squealing, laughing and playing unworriedly.

My mouth curled into a thoughtful smile as I saw how gracefully these young children teach us the most valuable lessons simply by being themselves, carefree, and innocent. Their behavior, albeit unintentionally, teaches how the fear of an impending storm should not affect your peaceful present. To find acceptance in today than pursue reluctance towards the future happenings.

It had been two weeks since Purva's wedding in Delhi and life as it is meant to be, had fallen into the usual routine. The vacuum in my life and the void in my heart I felt in the initial days after her wedding had fortunately subsided a little. While it might never cease, it had definitely diminished.

Considering the new-found changes in her life, we couldn't talk much but a random message here and there keeps us in touch and connected.

A ping on my phone broke my trance and I lifted the phone to see yet another picture she had sent on WhatsApp. This had been an unspoken rule between us that she was supposed to send me her pictures every time she went for an outing.

My eyes popped open glancing at her in a red strapless bodycon dress and smokey eye makeup complementing the overall look.

Ooh-La-La. You look fire, Purv. I wonder if Rishabh is alive yet.

Adding a wink and a fire emoji, I pressed enter to the text. She was quick to respond with a flying kiss boomerang. I laughed, in an attempt to dissipate the hollowness I felt at her absence.