52 | Unsettling Uncertainities

Do follow me buddies (ruhani_gupta) so that you don't miss out on any important announcement.

Before you read ahead, A big Thank you to all of you for voting and commenting on the chapters. Despite my late updates, Thank you for sticking to this book. It means the world to me.

Happy Reading! ❤️

__________________________________

Aditya's Pov.

My heart thumped in wild madness as I sat at the edge of the bed, my gaze transfixed on the washroom door. The room which was earlier filled with her laughter and giggles now brimmed with undying tension rendering me incapable to breathe.

A sharp pang gnawed my insides when her soft cries passed through the confines of the washroom door, piercing into the sanity of my thoughts.

Unknown to me, a thin layer of sheen covered my eyes reminiscing the moments we shared a few minutes ago. Even with the dimmed glow in my eyes, my lips managed to curve up as my mind replayed her giggles from before, the bewitching pair of twinkling eyes, her tinted cheeks, and her mesmerizing form.

The room echoed with a myriad of voices but in a place where there is no sound of her hearty laughter and her thrilling shrills, silence seems to overpower them all; a daunting silence that is too vast to comprehend.

Picking up our discarded clothes, I placed hers on the chair after which I wore my shorts. As I walked towards the washroom door, I couldn't help but wonder how did we reach this? How did the moments of passion transcend into beats of discomfiture and insecurities?

Wiping the forlorn wetness pooled at the edge of my eyes, I knocked softly at the door,

"Riya?" My voice strumbled to come out, relying on a defeated whisper.

Her sniffles halted abruptly, no words transpiring behind the closed door.

"Hey." I voiced a little louder this time, hoping for a response,

"Come out now, it's okay." My voice faltered when she silently broke down again, wordlessly losing me in the abyss of dismay.

The walls around her heart seemed impenetrable, shielded from my reach.

Running my palm over my face rather haphazardly, I spoke a bit harshly this time,

"My t-shirt and shorts are hung behind the door, quickly get up and wear them. I need you out in another minute before I decide to barge inside." The vulnerability in the air was suffocating and so does her silence. When she didn't come out after my forewarning, I held the knob, determined to have a glimpse of the woman of my life.