10 | Serendipitous Proposals •

Do follow me buddies ( ruhani_gupta) so that you don't miss out on any important announcements.

Also Please do Vote (The Star Icon⭐) and Comment. It motivates your author to write more.

Happy Reading!

Riya's Pov

My heart plummeted and my hands clammed in an eccentric nervousness as I held this shiny-black electronic device which has become the infamous medium to exchange biodatas and pictures.

My eyes fell upon the two WhatsApp messages sent by Paa, one of the biodata and another of his picture.

I plopped myself on my stomach, my attention solely focused on the phone screen that displayed the details.

Aditya Kansal

26 years

Freelancer Software Developer

Delhi

Siblings: One younger brother, and a younger sister.

There were other additional details as well, such as his qualifications, past work experience, family details, time, date and place of birth which didn't concern me.

A swell of curiosity burst into the pit of my stomach when I scrolled to the next message, to his picture. I blew air out of my mouth to calm my frenzied senses. Biodatas have been sent to me earlier as well, but my reaction has always turned out to be the same.

Nervous to curious traversing to a state of confusion and finally settling on indifference.

Tossing all the mystifying thoughts out of my head, I gently tapped upon the screen with my palms shaking in both anticipation and curiosity.

In contrast to all the romance novels I've read and all the male protagonists I've swooned and gushed giddily over, his looks reflected absolute simplicity. Something that is extremely underappreciated in today's world.

He was the polar opposite of a dream man, the type of man whose image the illusionary world of social media convinces us to believe.

The picture of him sitting on a wooden bench in a park, wearing a plain black collared t-shirt and blue denim glanced back at me. His stance was slightly pulled forward, with his fingers wrung together and supported on his thighs.

My gaze remained on his pictures for a few beats, closely observing his features.

Olive Skin.

Ordinary body build, not a gym-fit body, but well-maintained.