07 | Pure, Unadulterated Laughter! •

Do follow me buddies ( ruhani_gupta) so that you don't miss out on any important announcements.

Also Please do Vote (The Star Icon⭐) and Comment. It motivates your author to write more.

You can also follow me on Instagram at ruhaniwrites_ for story updates, recommendations, and writing tips.

Happy Reading!

Riya's Pov

Weddings.

A celebration that marks the union of two souls.

Well, that's just the literal meaning. However, the modern-day explanation could be;

The next most favored spot for all the uncles and aunties for an arranged marriage set up after matrimonial sites and matrimonial groups.

If you are single by chance and gutsy enough to still attend a wedding, be prepared to become the next victim of all the grownups who will leave no stone unturned to set you up with the niece, nephew, daughter, or son of their acquaintances.

This mere thought teleported me to the conversation I shared with one of the close relatives of Purva a few hours ago in the hotel room we were staying in Delhi.

"Toh Riya beta, now your best friend is also getting married." She initiated with the line I was way too aware of by now.

Tight Smiles, Checked.

Awkward Posture, Checked.

An Entertained Best Friend, Checked.

A Nosy relative, Hell checked!

"It's time you should also find someone and get married on time." Purva's aunt suggested, unpacking her luggage,

Having nothing else to respond to, I survived with a polite nod which was followed by a lapse of

I had hardly rescued from one when another concerned relative of my best friend probed suddenly with a curious glint in her eyes,

"Purva, Rishabh Ji is also a baniya right?"

Purva bobbed her head up and down as she gobbled a handful of Masala Magic.

Is she the same woman who fretted for straight one hour yesterday for gaining a kilogram right before her D-day?

The former grinned widely, nodding in affirmation.

My stance stiffed, awkwardly glancing here and there, fiddling with my bracelet. My head tilted heavenwards to the slightest, praying for this conversation to end before it could start.