23 | Muddled Feelings

Do follow me buddies Pleaseee, so that you don't miss out on any important announcement.

Do vote (The Star Icon⭐) and comment. It motivates your author to write more.

Chapter dedicated to Anresh99

Happy Reading❤️

*****

Aditya's Pov

"Clothes and jewellery?"

"Ji done, in total four sets that we are supposed to give Riya, along with the jewellery as per our customs. And other two sets for bhabhi and mom." I answered dad, ticking the wedding checklist, and mentioned the expenses alongside to have a clear picture of the overall expenditure from our stipulated budget.

"Hmm. Caterer for sangeet and haldi?

"Hanji done that too. Brunch booked for haldi, and for sangeet, snacks and dinner done."

"Talked with the decorators?"

"Yes dad, done already. But the negotiations, and payment are yet to be done."

"Okay. Kunal, just have a talk with the decorator today, and do not pay any amount more than fifty percent in advance." Dad instructed Kunal sternly, while he hummed, furiously typing on the calculator, calculating the expenses in totality.

This went on for the next two hours with mom, dad, Kunal and I discussing the wedding expenses, guests list, invitations to be sent, food, decorations, clothing and million other arrangements.

With only fifteen days left for Riya and my wedding, these last few days have been pretty hectic. True to say, weddings requires so much planning and scheduling that it makes you thoroughly frustrated and tired just by thinking about the mounting pending tasks.

And Miraculously, no matter how organised and conscientiously you plan each work, they still seem unending, magically growing with each passing minute.

Moreover, every single time you talk with some relative or acquaintance, they will give you a list of thousand other rituals and tasks, along with innumerable lists of do's and don'ts, that you want nothing but to bang your hang against the wall, or wish for some divine powers which would make you reach the end of this whole unachievable ordeal, sane and sound.

In addition, this whole wedding arrangement thingy become even more complex and ardous, when it's the first wedding in your house. You are like a lost child asking each person around, to get the required knowledge of the million little things that are required to be done.

Moreover, the cherry on the top is, these wedding arrangements has cut the calling and texting time of my and my fiancée's, with the day calls substituted with just a message here and there.

Though we still try our best to find little time at night to talk to each other, even it is for a few minutes despite our torn-out tired selves.

And honestly, I don't have any complaints regarding the slack in our conversations, because I know it will all be worth it, when she'll be here, in our home, with me, beside me every moment of the day, and for the rest of our lives.