22 | Parallel Perceptions

Do follow me buddies so that you don't miss out on any important announcement.

Do vote and comment. It motivates your author to write more.

Please keep commenting 🙈 I love reading all your comments 🙈

Happy Reading❤️

*******

Riya's Pov

"It's not your house." I stated, confused, peeping outside the window as the car screeched to halt a few houses before Aditya's home.

"Hmm, I intentionally stopped the car here." He replied, removing his seat belt, turning towards me, my hand still in his.

God! This man has not left my hand the whole day, as if he only has today to hold it, and will not get a chance in the future.

"Why?" I asked, knitting my eyebrows.

"Yaar, if I would've stopped in front of our home, everybody would have come outside. At least this way we could get a little more time to spend with each other." He replied whining, pouting a little towards the end.

Greedy!

"We've been together for the past four hours, remember?" I raised my eyebrows and shook my head at his greediness.

"Yeah, so what? And what are four hours? It feels like we have been together for only a few minutes." He replied, his tone defensive.

"You are insatiable, Mr. Kansal," I remarked incredulously.

"Only for you, my would-be Mrs. Kansal." His playful reply came instantly in a hushed whisper, as he smirked, his eyes glinting with mischief knowing the impact his words have upon me.

Shaking my head, I looked outside, to cover up the smile, which I was miserably failing to suppress, though the complimentary blush couldn't be missed!

Damn! Why do his words make me spellbound every single time? He sure knows how to play with words, that too so smartly.

"I can see you crystal clear missy, no need to turn your face that way." His teasing voice reached my ears.

"Shut Up Aditya." I pouted shutting my eyes for a fleeting second, as I covered my eyes with my palm, while he chuckled silently.

"Acha, now please uh, leave my hand." I requested politely, turning towards him and simultaneously looking outside, to see no one watches us.

His face contorted into a look of puzzlement, as he asked seriously, "Am I making you uncomfortable?"

"God! No." I replied instantaneously, palming my face, "I said it because we are in your colony, and somebody might see us, what will they think about you?"

He rolled his eyes at my words, and spoke,

"Relax. Nobody is going to see us, and no one is going to think anything about me, or you, or us. Everybody minds their own business here, and even if they would see, they aren't going to do anything." He elaborated, half shrugging, mindlessly playing with my fingers.

"Oh! You know in Hoshiarpur, not even a single thing remains hidden from the neighbors or outsiders. If it was Hoshiarpur na, then this thing would have spread like wildfire till tomorrow morning, that so and so's daughter/son was in an unknown car with an unknown boy/girl, along with some really stupid assumptions about our relationship, sitting positions, clothes, etc." I huffed helplessly thinking about people's gross mentality.