40 | Mild Monthiversaries

Unedited.
━━━━━━━━━━━

Riya's Pov.

"Please get up!" I almost cried, glaring at my husband's back as all my attempts proved futile to wake this kalyugi-kumbhkaran from his beauty sleep.

I swear if I've known his spoiled sleeping habits before, I would have rejected him on his face.

"Hmm hmm." He hummed in sleep the umpteenth time, as he turned his body towards my side, squeezing me in a death grip.

No, I didn't hug him back.

I coughed incessantly as he choked me with his squeezy hug. However, he remain unfazed by my choked-up condition as well as my attempts to push him away.

"Good morning." His highness murmured in my hair and almost forcefully made me wrap my arms around his nakey-nakey back.

"Huh." I grumped and he groaned in his sleep as I nudged him repeatedly.

"Mat kar yaar." He almost whined, rubbing his eyes and attempted to block my wriggling self.

I chose not to reply anything in my favour because this husband of mine is least aware of the fact that today is the auspicious day when Princess Riya of Hoshiarpur graced her official presence in Prince Aditya's life full one month ago, thus turning his monotonous routine into brighty-bright one.

Oh, and yes, today, a month ago, marks the day when I officially qualified to intrude the evergreen romance between Mr.Kansal and Mrs. Laptop.

"Why are you always so grumpy in the morning?" I could sense the perplexity dripping from his tone as he blatantly decided to throw his bulky leg's weight over myy teeny-weeny ones.

"Because I hate you!" I sulked, trying to push away his heavy legs from mine.

"I know. And yes, I hate you more." He replied in an instant, thumping his legs over me, again.

Haww.

"Get off your legs from mine." I groaned in frustration, trying my level best to escape the clutches of this mini-hulk's legs.

He backed away a little, and muttered, squinting his eyes in offense,

"Kyu bhai, you have the right to thump your legs over mine but I don't." He put forward and pressed his legs even more tightly, caging my poor legs under his hefty-heavy ones.

"Because I won that ring game, that too all the three times." I exclaimed in a split second.

"Huh?" He voiced, bewildered.

"Ohho, don't you know what that means? It says, whoever wins will always have an upper leg in the relationship." I reasoned sassily,

"And if not the other way, I took that meaning literally, that is why, my legs are always over you, and not the other way round." An intense feeling of pride surged my cores at the excellent explanation I offered.

Deafening silence prevailed in the room and I peeked to take notice of my husband's disheveled state, with his mouth parted, eyes widened and an expression of helplessness swirling his features.

He opened and closed his mouth repeatedly, but couldn't word anything.

See, I made him speechless.

When he finally opened his mouth to utter, I almost screamed internally that this unappreciative man is finallyy going to appreciate my rationale.

But unfortunately and much to my dismay, he decided to remark,