08 | Ethereal She Is •

Do follow me buddies ( ruhani_gupta) so that you don't miss out on any important announcements.

Also Please do Vote (The Star Icon⭐) and Comment. It motivates your author to write more.

You can also follow me on Instagram at ruhaniwrites_ for story updates, recommendations, and writing tips.

Happy Reading!

Aditya's Pov

"That's not fair Sali Sahiba." The sound of Rishabh's sizzle echoed. "You did not just make your only brother-in-law eat red chili laddoos." Rishabh exhaled sharply at the onslaught of the burning sensation whizzing in his mouth.

"Uh-oh." The mellifluous voice tsked, "You shouldn't have trusted your Sali Sahiba then." This woman needs to keep her mouth shut. Her voice is messing with my sanity here.

"Moreover, a few teaspoons of chili would do no harm. Consider it as your punishment for taking our girl away from us." The corners of my mouth lifted as her laughter resonated once again, thus intensifying my urge to catch a glimpse of her.

Unable to suppress my growing curiosity to sneak a glance at her, I maneuvered my way through the dancing mass of baaratis.

My lips tipped downward when the vigorous hooting faded, signaling that the ribbon-cutting ceremony had been concluded. The motion ahead of me forced me to join everyone on the stage for the Milni ceremony.

Shaking my head in disappointment, I pushed the woman's thoughts away and sauntered towards my brother.

My steps came to an immediate halt when I heard the same voice.

"Bhaiya one more sooji golgappa. Also, please make it a little spicier this time."

My neck mechanically angled in the direction of the voice, settling on the back of a woman wearing a navy blue lehenga.

A chuckle erupted in my throat as I caught her side-profile, galloping golgappas as if her life depended on it.

"One more." Her words came out muffled, her cheeks protruded.

"Paagal." I murmured, amazed by her love for something as simple as this.

Shaking my head at her unceasing demand for the flaky bursts of flavour, I reached the stage which was fully decorated with peachy drapes, flowy floral blooms, and foliage accents. The brass sofa and the opulent chandelier emphasized the whole setup and added the ideal touch of royalty.

My gait slowed and I flexed my neck in the expectation of catching one last glimpse of her only to receive disappointment in return.

Maybe some other time.