12 | Is it an Interview? •

Do follow me buddies ( ruhani_gupta) so that you don't miss out on any important announcements.

Also Please do Vote (The Star Icon⭐) and Comment dear ones. It motivates your author to write more.

Happy Reading!

Riya's Pov.

I wonder if best friends are supposed to be dramatic all the time or is it just mine? Because, ever since I told Purva about my decision to meet Aditya, she was over the moon.

Reason?

She was optimistic that if this whole thing progressed, we both would soon be residing in the same city.

So far, she has decided on my wedding trousseau, honeymoon location, wedding theme, dance performances, and whatnot.

Caught up in the exuberance of my meeting, she stated her desire to get me ready today. In her words, she had negligible trust in me and my makeup skills.

Soothing the flare of offense that seeped within me at her words, I reminded her of her current residence in Delhi and not Hoshiarpur. That dashed her back to her senses. What followed was an hour-long session of her cribbing over the fact that why she had to choose a husband from Delhi and not Hoshiarpur.

Welcome to Episode 91 of Typical Purva Things.

The trampoline of my thoughts slacked by the abrupt ringing of my phone. Fetching the same from the nightstand, I let a grin slip across my face witnessing her video call.

Think of the Devil.

"What the hell Rii!" Her eyes popped in horror as soon as she sighted me, "Why aren't you ready yet?" She gasped, clutching her heart. A bit overdramatic. I know. I know.

Rolling my eyes at her exaggerated response, I articulated, "I'm not really interested in spending too much time getting ready only to face your disapproval at the end."

She raised an eyebrow, clearly sensing my frustration. "What's got you in such a bad mood that you're taking it out on me?" She frowned, squinting her eyes.

Sighing, I admitted, "I'm just nervous, like butterflies-in-my-stomach nervous."

Her eyes softened at my distress, "Oh, Meri Rii Rii." She careened the phone closer as if trying to reach me through the same. Resting her back against the bedpost, she appeased, "Trust me, Aditya and his family, they are good people. I had a chance to meet them when we went to their house for dinner after our wedding." Her words eased my discomfort to some extent,

"And if after the meet, you're not convinced about him or his family, you always have the option to refuse." She consoled, blinking her eyes in assurance.