11 | A Step Closer •

Do follow me buddies ( ruhani_gupta) so that you don't miss out on any important announcements.

Also Please do Vote (The Star Icon⭐) and Comment. It motivates your author to write more.

Happy Reading!

Aditya's Pov

Ecstasy consumed my senses, prompting a grin to brighten up my face after tapping the picture. For reasons unknown, it was the first time in the past few months that my heart pulsated in a positive light after seeing a bio-data.

The faint image of a future weaved with her appeared in front of my eyes. With the same thought, I plopped on my stomach, eager to unravel more about her.

Riya Gupta

Masters in Commerce.

Assistant Professor

Hoshiarpur

Riya

I know I am stupid but I couldn't resist testing her name on my mouth. Truth be told, it felt peaceful because finally, I could name the ethereal woman in blue, the one with a tiny mole and a mellifluous voice.

My mind whirred comprehending the reason behind the sly looks and silly smiles my brother was regarding me with.

Damn him.

He knew it was her. He knew how would I react after seeing her on the phone.

And this moron also knows about my probable answer.

I exhaled deeply, skimming through the words to know more about her education and family background. However, my traitor eyes flickered time and across to her name, lightening my spirits.

Dressed in the same deep-blue lehenga, standing across a fountain with a bashful smile, her picture glanced back at me.

Her education and profession seemed promising and so did her family background. Her appearance was never under question for I have seen her way earlier than today. Hence, without second thoughts, I decided upon my answer.

Yes.

***************

Throughout the day, I remained swarmed in my work and with the thoughts of a certain someone gracing her presence before my eyes. Fortunately, nobody in the family bothered me to gauge my reaction to the bio-data.

I was currently at the final stage of execution of the software development life cycle which I was supposed to deliver to my client in two days when my eyes flickered to the front wall the moment it chimed eight.