14 | Rokafied •

Do follow me buddies (ruhani_gupta ) so that you don't miss out on any important announcements.

Please Vote (The Star Icon⭐) and Comment dear ones. It motivates your author to write more.

Happy Reading!

Riya's Pov

The last ten minutes made me experience a plethora of emotions. From flustered to nervous, jittery to unnerved, I had felt it all.

My confident stance with which I announced my consent wavered as soon as I exited the room.

How could I maintain my composure when there was this man who had his restless gaze settled upon me?

However, my heart soon flared with incomprehensive contentment the moment I witnessed a beautiful dimpled smile emerge on his face hearing Paa announce our decision.

My Yes.

************

The discussion about the country's politics loomed in the living room while the aroma of crushed cardamom and ginger wafted in the kitchen. I fetched the snack-plated from the cabinet and was arranging it on the countertop when Isha, Aditya's sister made her way inside, rounding her arms around my shoulder.

My neck craned in reflex, a smile bursting through my lips at her vivacious aura.

As I did the mundane task, she watched me keenly. I peered at her with a tender smile and she vociferated in a heartfelt whisper, "We are so happy to have you Bhabhi." Her spirited words unfurled a sense of euphoria in my soul. The thought of experiencing the love and admiration of a new family germinated a profound intention to dedicatedly fulfill my responsibilities towards them.

"I am happy too." I whispered with a soft smile, struggling to voice anything ahead. I was a sucker in maintaining conversations and the thought itself had begun to gnaw my insides.

"You know Bhabhi," She spoke after a few seconds, helping me with the arrangements, "Adi Bhai and Kunal Bhai leave no stone unturned to tease me or pull my leg." She scowled at the thought. I reciprocated with a scrunch of my nose, empathizing with her, "But with you by my side, at least Adi Bhai will keep his mouth shut." She giggled heartily causing a tint of redness to spread through the apple of my cheeks.

"What are you studying?" I quizzed, the back of my overthinking brain propelling me to keep up with the conversation.

I was well aware of my insecurities and weaknesses, but she wasn't. This relationship was new for her to understand my overwhelmedness during social interactions.

"Fashion Designing." Her eyes glinted at the mention, "You have to accompany me for my shopping endeavors, okay? Because I can only rely on you at home now for genuine opinions regarding the materials and designs. All others have nothing to comment except beautiful." She dramatized, puffing out air from her mouth. Bhabhi and I chuckled, the former carrying the teacups outside.