27 | Fervent Feelings

Do follow me buddies Ruhani_Gupta so that you don't miss out on any important announcement.

Also please vote (The Star Icon⭐) and comment. It motivates your author to write more.

Chapter dedicate to ThakurAksharaSingh

*******

Aditya's Pov

"You okay?" Concerned I asked my wife, who looked lost, aimlessly gazing outside the car.

We had left the venue after the vidai and other customary rituals, and now moving towards our home, to start a new journey of our life, together.

My mind kept drifting back to the scene I witnessed a few minutes ago, and the ounce of helplessness I've felt today, at that moment, I've never experienced in my life up until now.

Seeing the woman of my life crying, silently yet uncontrollably, cocooned in her family's arms, spending her last few minutes with them, had made my heart wrench in helplessness, and the scene imprinted in my mind.

I couldn't forget those silent whispers her mom lovingly uttered in her ears, Dad's discreet way of wiping away the lone tear that escaped his eye hugging his daughter without getting caught by her, bhaiya and bhabhi's tight warm hug and forehead kisses, and avyukth's innocent crylike face even though not knowing anything, had made my heart enveloped with incomparable unspeakable emotions.

I felt guilty for taking her away from her family, as well as helpless for not knowing how to console anyone out there, especially her.

But I felt grateful at the same time, that how beautifully a woman and her family accepts this newfound relation in their lives, and most importantly, a sudden respect for the courage these women show to change everything that relates to them, be it their surname, or city, or their aspirations, in just a matter of one night.

"Yeah." She whispered, her voice tired, trying her best to pass an assuring smile at me.

Unaware of how to make her feel better, I just palmed her hand in mine, caressing the back of her palm into slow and soft strokes with my thumb.

This might have soothed her as she kept looking at our entwined hands unblinkingly.

"You know how stupid you are Isha. Just let me reach home, you are up for some serious scolding!" Kunal's annoyed voice fell into my ears, as he drove the car, simultaneously glaring at Isha murderously, who sat beside him at the front seat.

Pouting, she replied, "Bhaiyaa, bas na yaar, pleaasee. You are scolding me for the past one hour." She peered innocently at Kunal, almost ready to cry,

"Bhaiya bhabhi see na, just say something, tell him to stop being so grumpy." She glanced at us, turning a little, her eyes hopeful.

"Kunal, leave it now. Vaise bhi everyone was having fun there, this way or that the shagun was meant to be given to them. So relax." I said to Kunal, trying to convince him. He can be too angry at times, that too unreasonably.

Silently huffing, he replied, "Fine. But you.." he admonished Isha, "Stop being so lost every time. And for God's sake, come out of your clothes and fashion for some time. Always messing up everything." Muttering sulkily, he slapped the back of her head, making her shriek in annoyance.

Damn! There goes their banter again!!

Though, I was happy with their banters, because the moment I sneaked a glance to the side, my wife sitting beside me was busy smiling happily and looking admiringly at the duo.