43 | Distance Delights

Do follow me buddies Ruhani_Gupta so that you don't miss out on any important announcement.

Also Please do Vote (The Star Icon⭐) and Comment. It motivates your author to write more.

An extremely long update to compensate you all for a late update!

Happy Reading!❤️

Note:

All the incidents in this chapter take place on different days and times.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Aditya's Pov

A relaxed groan escaped my throat as soon as I plopped my exhausted self over the bed. My body was stiff, my eyes were drooping, my neck rigid and my hands aching because of all the driving I had done in the past twenty-four hours.

My gaze shifted sideways and my lips twitched in displeasure as the sight of a half-empty bed came into the line of my vision, the view enough to sting my eyes.

Sighing helplessly, I picked up my phone to message my wife that I have reached home but before my fingers could type the message my lips curled up in a smile as her name along with her picture in the same navy blue lehnga flashed on my screen.

"I was just going to message you." I grinned soon as I answered her call and pulled that stupid cuddle pillow towards me, thus forcing myself to cuddle it for the next fifteen days.

"Why message, why not call?" She queried, a hint of annoyance palpable in her tone.

I couldn't resist chuckling at her question and hence, deciding to tease her, I remarked playfully,

"A certain someone said me once that her sleep is very very precious to her and given the fact that it's already past midnight, I thought she'd be fast asleep, dreaming all sorts of weird dreams. After all who would stay awake for so long and disturb her sleep?"

"Bol ab." I nudged when she replied in silence.

"I was awake." She mumbled, pretty much offended.

"Acha? Kyu?" I feigned oblivion and my eyes closed on their own accord as the picture of her getting all blushy-mushy flashed in front of my closed eyelids.

"You aren't as ignorant as you try to be." I could crystal clear imagine her protruded lips, complimented with ample frown lines on her forehead.

"Lae, that was a genuine question, why would I act to be ignorant." I pressed my lips to stifle my chuckle and placed the elbow over my closed eyes, my mind beginning to blank out with tiredness.

"I am not a kalyugi wife who'd sleep like a log without even confirming that her husband has reached home or not, given it's already two at night."

"Acha? Then what happened that day when we got rokafied?" I teased again, reminding her of the dialogue she threw on me after I came back home from our roka.