Chapter 4

EMILY POV

I rushed out of the cafeteria as fast I could, not wanting to feel the sharp stares and deafening silence . What is their problem, I didn't do anything to them.

I had no idea where I was going, all I knew is that I didn't wanna stop. I wanted to get away from this place as much as I could. I found myself sitting down under a giant oak tree near the football field. That's when I let everything out, all the feelings that I have kept in for the pass 2 months has finally revealed itself. I screamed so loud, cursing all the anger out. Not giving a shit on who hears me

I don't understand why is this all happening. Why did my parents have to go through that. Why were we ripped away from the life that we had.

This is the place I go to whenever I need to think, a voice spoke up out of nowhere.

Im Liam, I saw what happened in there. He handed me his handkerchief to wipe myself off. All I manage to do was nod and slump back into the tree.

I really don't know what to tell you aside from try your best to ignore her. It's Margo, no one can really escape her wrath, I didn't like the pity look on his face when he said that.

You should head home early. Just send an email to the school secretary and you'll be excused, he smiled.

I will, Im Emily by the way, meeting his eyes, I finally got a good look at him. Around 6ft tall, soft brown hair and green eyes.

Don't mention it, I'll see you around , he said while walking back to the building.

I got up and started to head towards the exit. Rough first day, I sighed to myself.

EMILY'S HOUSE

I fished out my house keys from my bag and unlocked the front door. The strong stench of smoke and alcohol sneaked through my nose, making me gag in process. Physically drained from what occurred at school today, I entered the house with my head hung low.

I see dad passed out on the couch and my mom eating Chinese take out from last night's dinner. The house was quiet. I went straight to my bedroom and laid down. I let out a loud sigh, processing everything that happened in the past few hours.

The stickiness of the chocolate milk was too much to bare. I went to take a shower. Under the hot water running down my body, I stood there thinking. How can someone be so insensitive, so naive in knowing that everyone has their own shit to worry about and doesn't have time for petty and childish fits.

I rinsed everything off and stood infront of my bathroom mirror. My eyes are still puffy from all the crying, lips chapped and heavy under eyes.

I got into my pajamas and slid under the covers. On the bright side I met Liam I thought to myself. He seems nice, I just hope he isn't one of Margo's puppets.

Exhausted from today, I drifted off to a long nap.

*THIS CHAPTER HAS BEEN UPDATED *

Thank you for reading

Comment and Vote