Chapter 22

Huge time skip in this chapter. I feel like the story is moving too slow. But don't worry I'm not gonna rush anything I just figured it's time to get to the actual plot. Let me know your opinions!

-TIME SKIP- :The morning where Emily is supposed to move in with Margo -

EMILY'S POV

This is it, my house is empty. The cargo company took all of our boxes last night. My stuff are to be delivered to Margo's house while my parents stuff and some of our furniture are being locked in a storage facility. All I have now is my book bag. Quite literally.

After school, I'll have to directly go to Margo's house. I'm not sure how cause all my parents told me is that I don't have to worry about it. That all I needed to do was wait at the school entrance. I didn't get any sleep last night, maybe because my parents went all out with our last family dinner for a while. I could barely stand after the enormous amount of food I ate. Thinking about breakfast makes me wanna vomit .

I really don't wanna go to school, I don't wanna leave my house at all. This caused me to be late, my mom screaming telling me to hurry up. We're still gonna meet at Margo's house later at night before they depart for the airport. I hurried down before my mom decides to drag me herself. I kissed both them goodbye.

 Looking around at my now empty house, even the smallest movements made an echo. I said one last silent goodbye to my home. It wasn't much but it sure did give a roof over our heads. I texted Liam saying I wanted to walk to school and that I'll talk to him when I get there. He didn't bother arguing to pick me up. I'm still not sure how I'll break it down to Liam about the whole Margo thing.

I entered the school campus and headed straight to my locker. I see Liam leaning against my locker with his head down. Hey, I greeted lowly, not really knowing on how to explain to why I've been ignoring him. Hey? That's all you have to say to me? Hey. What's happening to you, you suddenly just iced me out, he exclaimed. I feel bad. I know it's obvious that I've been avoiding you. I'm sorry for that. There's something I need to tell you, promise me you're not gonna get mad. He took a deep breath and nodded.

My parents are moving to London due to a new job opportunity. My dad's boss offered me to stay at their house. It just so happens that, my dad's boss is also Margo's dad. I'm moving into Margo's house today. I'll be staying with her for who knows how long, I said quickly but slow enough for him to understand.

I can see how offended he is for me not telling him immediately, his face being visibly red. Why didn't you tell me. You know what she's put us through. You've ignored me for weeks for this? That's so fucked up Emily... I thought you were ignoring me cause you regret what happened between us, he said the last part quietly, as if he's scared of it being the truth.

I didn't wanna worry you, I grabbed his hand and caressed it gently. I will never regret what happened between us, I love ever single moment of it. I wrap my arms around his neck and pulled him close. I kissed him, his lips feels so soft against mine. Our lips moved in sync, he tugged on my bottom lip for entrance. I smiled denying him the access. We're in school, I reminded him.

He snuggled his nose to my neck. Can you come to my house this time? He asks. I whisper yes in his ear. I'm sorry, I didn't mean you hurt you, I said to him, intertwining our hands together. I'm only gonna forgive you for this cause I can't help staying mad at you. Don't ever do this again. He said sternly. I gave him a sly smile. 

We walked to our class, silently dreading for the time I need to go to Margo's house. Thankfully I'll be staying the night at Liam's. The thought of Liam and I spending the night together makes me feel at ease.

MARGO'S POV

I can't shake off this weird unknown feeling I've had since last night. Sleep is something I didn't get a piece of at all. All I did was twist and turn the entire night. I've been informed that today is the day she'll be moving into my house. Dad asked me to drive her home with me. Obviously, I tried to get out of it, making up some excuse. He didn't buy any of it. I had no choice but to listen. 

The group tried including me in their conversation, they told me how it seems like I'm slowly distancing myself from them. I mean they're right, ever since I found out that she's moving in, I haven't really been myself lately. I don't know why, it's a feeling I can't shake or understand. 

-TIME SKIP: END OF SCHOOL-

We skipped the last period just to hang out in an empty classroom. I missed my friends, laughing with them feels so nostalgic. We barely noticed time passing by, we realized we were the only ones left on the campus when the janitor knocked to clean the classroom we were in. We said our goodbyes and separated ways in the school parking lot. 

I remembered that I have to pick up Emily. Fuck. My dad informed me that she would be waiting at the school entrance. I hurriedly entered my car and started it. I pulled the sun visor down and fixed myself a little bit. There is no way I'm actually fixing my appearance for her, I rolled my eyes in annoyance at my unusual behavior. I drove up to the school entrance, and there I see a frowning Emily walking back and forth. She raised her head as she saw me come into the distance. 

Hurry up, I said as I roll down the passenger side window. She harshly opened the car door. Are you kidding me? I have been waiting here for hours. Where the hell were you? This is the first time I've seen her this mad before. Wherever I was is my business, I made sure to say it with such spite. She didn't say anything, she put on her seat belt and faced forward. The entire car ride was silent. The atmosphere felt so heavy that even I felt uneasy.

We arrived at the house, I got out of the car heading to the main door. I hear her following from behind, I small gasp came from her as she saw our receiving area. I smirked at her reaction, I have to admit anyone would be in awe as they stare at the gigantic chandelier welcoming you the moment you walk in. 

Two maids greeted us. They offered to show her new room, she gladly accepted. I curse under my breath as I go to my room. Why does she act so nice to everyone? It's so annoying. I can't believe Dad chose her room to be directly across from mine.

I stood in front of my bedroom door, I turned around to see the maids open the door for her. Listen up, I better not hear anything loud from you. Just because my parents offered for you to live here doesn't mean you get to act like you own the place, got it? The two maids lowered their heads down in submission.  

I don't like me staying here any more than you do. Don't worry, I'll definitely keep my distance. I cocked my eyebrows, you better. I slammed the door in their face without care. This is already so stressful. 

I changed into my PJs and hopped in my bed. I want to ignore everything outside my bedroom, I dozed off while watching Modern Family. The darkness feels so welcoming so I gladly embraced it.

*THIS CHAPTER HAS BEEN UPDATED*

Comment and Vote!