Chapter 21

EMILY'S POV

Did she really just stood up for me? I mean she probably just have done that cause we have a deal. I pushed all my thoughts down as I got home. Starving since I didn't really get to eat lunch, I was startled as I see my parents in the kitchen. Mom, Dad what are you guys doing here? I thought you guys aren't gonna come back until next week? I was utterly surprised as they didn't even text me that they were coming home.

Well it turns out I got the job and my new boss offered for you to live in their house for the time being, my dad answered while engulfing me in a hug. Are you sure? Are they sure they want to do that? I mean I can probably just get a small apartment. I really do feel uncomfortable living at someone else's house. Yes and guess what, his daughter also goes to your school. He added.

Oh, I have a bad feeling about this. Her name is Margo, do you know her?  Yeah, the last person I ever wanna be in the same house with. Yeah Dad, I've heard of her. Are you sure there's no other way that I can live somewhere else? I don't want to take the risk of living with her. Is there something wrong sweetheart? My mom asked worriedly

I sighed, they can't know what's been happening. They already have enough problems and besides my parents are really happy about my dad's new job, I don't wanna ruin the moment. No, nothings wrong. I'll just miss you guys that's all. I faked a smile.

 When am I moving? I asked trying to get the conversation moving along. Well, my contract starts next month. So I suggest you start packing, we'll drop you off at their house a couple of days before we leave to make sure you're all settled in.

I can't believe this is happening.

-TIME SKIP NEXT MORNING-

I didn't bother telling Liam about my new living situation. We'd already faced enough problems I don't wanna add another one to the list. I tried my best to avoid Liam at all costs. I don't think I can act normal around him after learning that I'll practically have to live with the person who ruined us in ways no one can fix. Thank god he had some academic practice today, I didn't really bother asking what it is about since I can barely look him in the eyes when he picked me up this morning.

I had a free period which I just spent at the library. Sitting at the very corner pretending to read a book when in reality all I could think about was how my life is just gonna get so much worse from here on and I can't really do anything about it. A figure sat in front of me making me look up. I looked at her in confusion, I didn't think she would ever sit with me even if there was only 3 other people in here with us.

What do you want? I started. I'm gonna assume that your parents already told you the great news, she replied emphasizing the word great. There's no hiding the fact that I don't like you living with me. If I were you I'd look at a different place to live in, she didn't stutter one bit. I know for a fact that Margo would do anything just to make sure I don't live with her.

I stared at her in silence. I can't, I'll endure Margo if that means giving my parents peace of mind that I'm safe even though they're gone. I'm sorry, but I can't do that. Trust me I hate the fact that I'll be stuck in a house with you. Your dad specifically told my dad if something were to happen I'll tell him myself. The last part was a lie, I needed to find a way to make sure Margo isn't going to do anything.

She took a deep breath after hearing the last line, she seems threatened. Are you threatening me? She asked fuming. I'm not, I'm just simply stating what your dad said. I gave her a sly smile. See you soon roomie. I stood up quickly not giving her time to respond. I poked the bear. I pushed the library doors open still trying to make sense of what the hell did I just do.

MARGO'S POV

My dad can't possibly have said that right? I stared at her in silence as she leaves the library. Wondering where she got the sudden burst of confidence. I stayed in my place I don't really know what to do. I got a loud notification from my phone, earning a shh from the librarian.

Dad:
I've asked the maids to clean the extra bedroom across from yours. I don't wanna hear any complaints from the maids about you making their jobs harder.

Love you.

I rolled my eyes. Does it really have to be across mine? My parents probably did that to make her feel at "home". Knowing she'll be a lot closer gave me a fuzzy feeling in my stomach.

EMILY'S POV

A couple of days passed since our little conversation in the library, and I've tried to avoid Margo and Liam as much as possible. Surprisingly it worked, I haven't really talked to Liam at all. I feel bad for ignoring his text and calls.

I packed all of my stuff since there isn't much stuff to pack anyway. Honey, are you done? I hear my mom shout from the living room. I didn't respond, I look around at my now-empty room filled with nothing but boxes. Am I really gonna live with her? I don't really have a choice. Though I can still move out from Margo's place without my parents knowing. This absolutely sucks, I flopped down on my now bare mattress. I have a really bad feeling about this.

THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL FOCUS ON THE WHOLE MOVING SITUATION. PLEASE TELL ME IF I'M MOVING TOO FAST WITH THE STORY

*THIS CHAPTER HAS BEEN UPDATED*

Comment and Vote!