Chapter 30

EMILY POV 

We got settled in, their cabin feels so cozy inside. He toured me around and I am in awe. This cabin has been in my family for generations, we just renovated it to make it look more modern. My favorite part has to be the master bedroom, a king-sized bed in the middle of the room with a walk-in closet and a huge bathroom with a jet tub. Well, this will be ours alone for even the whole week if you want, he comes walks towards me, and pulled me by the waist. 

A week? I didn't bring enough clothes for a whole week. He must be kidding right? So? who says you need to be wearing clothes anyway? he smirks at me. You are disgusting mister, I say wholeheartedly with a laugh. We got settled in and changed into some comfortable clothes.

We set up out on the patio where you can see the view of the lake. Liam got right on the grill while I lay out our drinks and chips. Making the circular table in a romantic mood with dimly lit candles. I walked over to him and hugged him from behind, why don't you sit down, I don't want you to get all sweaty, he turned around and gave me a kiss on top of my head. I don't care, I just wanna hug you right now. We stood there hugging each other while swaying side to side. I love you, I love this, we should do this more often, I looked up at him, smiling.

Our food is finally done. We got hot dogs, steak, and some homemade mashed potatoes. I have no idea how we're all going to finish this on our own. I made myself a hotdog sandwich with mayo, ketchup and mustard, and a whole lot of relish. I can never eat a plain hotdog sandwich. On the other hand, Liam just has a tad bit of mustard on it, boring if you ask me. 

He told me how his entire family would come here and have their annual family reunion. This year you'll be part of it, that sentence instantly made me blush. It's cute when you blush, I love you, he says then kisses the top of my nose. Let's finish up so we can move on to our movie and chips. Oh my, this guy is making me fat. I'll gain over 5 pounds the moment we leave here, I roll my eyes at him.

We continued to finish our little cookout, I must say that mashed potato is creamy as hell. I do love some good potatoes. I'm not really a steak person so I just had a little piece and let Liam take all off it. This is what I need, comfort, support, and peace. But why does it still feel like something is missing? 

After cleaning up we decided to just skip the movie part and head straight to bed. Being full does equally make you sleepy.

 While Liam was in the bathroom getting ready for bed, I was just talking to my parents. We haven't talked properly for a while now, they're still trying to get settled in and get some papers done but we do have our daily check-ins and updates.

I miss you guys so much, I sent them the text and my mom immediately replied. We miss you too honey, I'm currently at the grocery store, and your dad is in a meeting. How are you? How's Margo? I'll take that you guys are closer now.  I don't have the heart to tell my mom what actually is going on right now. But for their peace of mind, I lied saying that everything is going well and that we get along nicely. She told me that they'll call me tomorrow, I sighed. I miss them so much

Liam snapped me out of my thoughts with a kiss, hey babe, what's wrong? I just miss my parents that's all. Is there I can do to make you feel better? he asks snuggling next to me. Just lay next to me I don't wanna feel alone.

We slept side by side with Liam's arms wrapped around me.  There it is again, why does it still feel like something is missing?

MARGO POV

It's time for me to talk about my presentation, this is the first time I'm actually eager and excited to present something in class. The teacher called me up upfront, thankfully some nerd set everything up for me, all I had to do was speak. I proceeded to talk about the book and even quoted some lines, I could tell that my teacher is impressed as she is smiling as she looks at me. I ended my presentation with a deep analogy of the entire book thanks to Emily.

 The entire class gave me applause. But in the back of my head, it felt like the applause isn't somehow complete. I brushed it off and smiled at everyone. Im so taking advantage of Emily, I love this academic validation.

It was lunch and the group got together, we didn't feel like eating at the school cafeteria so we decided to eat at IHOP. Who wouldn't like pancakes in the middle of the day anyway?

 Your presentation was really good mar, they all collectively said. I feel some type of proudness of myself hearing that. Thank you, it was all my hard work. I lied. So are you going to rebrand yourself and be the smart Margo? Dylan asked. Her tone made it seem like she was pissed, but I brushed it off. I don't know, depends on my mood I guess.

We changed the topic, we planned to go to Greece in the incoming months, not sure when, doubt if it'll even happen. I immediately went home, going back to school after lunch sounded like hell. Besides ill just ask one of the nerds if there is some homework that needs to be done, surprised that I actually care about homework now huh?

As I entered the front door the ambiance of the house felt so lonely, I screamed out for any housekeepers, weirdly none of them came. lazy much. I hate it when this happens, although I'm used to it. Alone, like always.

THANK YOU FOR READING

VOTE AND COMMENT!!