Chapter 24

MARGO'S POV

I don't really know what to feel. Satisfied? Guilty? I phoned the nannies to bring me lunch to my room. I paced back and forth. Shit. I don't even know why I'm panicking so hard. Feels like my heart is about to explode. She cut her hand. I know it is my fault. A knock on my door pulled me out of my thoughts. Miss, your lunch.

 Come in, I said harshly. These maids always come at the worst time possible. Put it on my table and leave. Tell the others to not disturb me. 

I don't care, I don't care, I don't care! I screamed into my pillow with a loud shriek at the end. I'm gonna be in so much trouble if dad finds out. Why did you have to act like that Margo? Even you know that's out of bounds. I recomposed myself, I can't appear bothered by what happened. I pushed all of my thoughts to the back of my head.

I spent the rest of the day on my bed, eating and watching the troubling thoughts away. Out of nowhere, I hear a car coming into the driveway. I jumped out of my bed and looked out of my window. A couple around the same age as my parents got out of a taxi. Emily engulfing them in a hug made me realize who they are. They entered the house as they admire our external fixtures. 

I ran to my bathroom and quickly brushed my teeth, I brush my hair neatly and spritzed some cologne. I didn't give myself time to wonder why I'm making myself look presentable to her parents. I headed downstairs knowing the maids brought them to the living room. All three heads turn towards me as I make my presence known. 

Hi, I'm Margo, I extended my hand to shake her dad's hand. Her mom pulled me into a hug instead, surprising me with the sudden contact. Thank you for welcoming my daughter to your home, her mom said sweetly while holding both of my hands. It's no worries really, I'm glad to have someone here with me at home, I said glancing between both of her parents.

I turn to look at Emily, sitting there with a shocked expression on her face. The maids came in with light snacks making me look away from her. Please, sit with us, her mom sitting me down next to Emily. We both shifted uncomfortably in our seats. 

Oh honey, what happened to your hand? Her dad grabbed her hand gently to inspect it. My heart rose, not knowing whether or not Emily will rat me out. It's nothing dad, turns out my picture frame got damaged during the move. The glass cut me, no big deal. Emily didn't stutter, she knew how to lie well. I look at her and gave her a smile. A real smile. 

Well, I'll go ahead. I have some personal errands to run. I got up from the couch, bidding her parents goodbye. Thank you, we feel better knowing Emily will be staying here with you, her dad said as he shook my hand. I smiled in response. Her parents trust me and I've done nothing to earn it. Feels like a sting in the heart. 

I headed back up to my room, I didn't really have any errands I just made that up so they can have some family time. I stayed in my room, in the dark thinking about how they can put their trust in me so easily. Maybe I feel guilty, that all I've done so far is hurt her. 

For who knows how long, I once again heard engines from my window. Emily cried while hugging her parents goodbye. Her dad gave her kisses on the forehead, just as mine would do the same. She gave them one last hug before waving them goodbye. We both watched the taxi drive away. 

- TIME SKIP -: later into the night 

I heard mumbling outside my door which immediately got a rise out of me. I told those damn maids not to bother me. I marched up to my door and sprung it wide open. Seeing her lean on her door while talking to the maid made me sink back. Her bandage hand is held up against her chest, the maid asking if she was ok. My sudden presence made them stop and turned their heads toward me. That's when I noticed her attire, some mom jeans and a vintage shirt tucked in. 

I let my curiosity get the best of me. Where are you going? she ignored me and continued talking to the maid. She bid her farewells to the maid and walked right passed me as if I were an invisible ghost. Are you really not gonna answer me? I asked while catching up to her. What makes you think I'll do that? Just because you acted so nice in front of my parents? Her words are full of spite that sent shivers down my spine. I wasn't acting to your parents at all, I raised my voice at her. 

Oh really? So what, now you're suddenly nice? She says stepping closer to me. To your parents yes, to you never, I stepped even closer. We can feel each other's breath on our faces. I don't even know why I said that, it's stupid.

She walked out, God knows where she's going. I didn't bother to investigate, today has been tough as it is.

A short chapter I know, It's been a while since I've posted, but I am back on track and will be uploading regularly once again. 

This chapter is dedicated to @UglyRoach2 

My loyal reader. I appreciate the love and support! This is for you!

*THIS CHAPTER HAS BEEN UPDATED*

Comment and Vote!