Chapter 28

EMILY'S POV

The way back home felt so weird, Miss said that she'll be the one to tell Margo about the new arrangement. I stare at the door with an annoyed expression, I really can't deal with her today all she does is bitch about everything. To my surprise I didn't hear any stomping or shrieks, I guess she hasn't heard the news yet. I hurriedly walked up to my room in desperate need of a nap.

What is your problem, did you suck up to the counselor to give you the job of being my tutor, seeing her lean on her door frame with her bitchy tone makes me just want to bash her head open. I didn't do any sucking up, from what I heard you're this close to falling. I say as I put my fingers dangerously close. She started it, I'm just fighting back.

What did you just say? Are you mocking me.. slut, in a blink of an eye she was standing right in front of me. What did you just call me? I fought back. I called you a slut.

That's it, I slapped her so hard the noise echoed. She looked at me in disbelief and anger, she lunged at me, making me stumble backward. Choking me hard, I started to lose my breath; I tried to yank her arms off me but to no avail, I was too weak at that moment. With little strength, I have left I aimed for her eye. She groans as she covers her eye and lets me go, I took the opportunity by grabbing a handful of her hair. I brought my mouth next to her ear, talk to me like that again and this won't be the last time. I let her go with a force that sent her to the floor. I didn't bother to look at her when I entered my room, closing my door with a loud thud.

I slid down my bedroom door unable to process what just occurred. What the fuck just happened? I clasped my hand over my mouth trying to make sense of the situation I put myself in. They're going to kick me out, I'm going to be homeless. She started it, all I did was defend myself.

MARGO'S POV

I stare at her in shock as she slammed the door in my face. That bitch really had the audacity to treat me this way in my own house. I got up and went into my own room, I felt my blood boil making my body feel hot all of a sudden. I thrashed my vanity out of anger making all my expensive colognes fall down and break. I repeatedly kicked my dresser, remembering the scene that occurred earlier. How. Dare. She. I yanked all the drawers out, my clothes scattering all over my bedroom floor.

I dropped down to the floor, screaming. Panting, leaning against my dresser, after what seemed like an hour of silence and thinking to myself, I decided not to tell my parents about this and have her kicked out. That won't bring me justice nor any benefit in the long run.

I dusted myself off and splashed some cold water on my face. I made sure to remove any traces of me crying before I face her once again. My jaw and fist clench as I replay what happened once again, I will get you back.

I heard scuffles behind the door as I knocked loudly. The door finally opened revealing a red watery-eyed Emily, for a split second I almost felt an emotion that somewhat felt like..pity? 

Yes? What is it, she said not even trying to look me in the eye. We both know what happened, ill make this quick. I won't tell our parents what you did in return you'll help me in all of our coming tests, by help I mean, cheat. After hearing what I said she looked at me surprised, I smirked at her reaction. What? we both know your parents won't like it if they ever found out what happened.

What's your game here? Are you gonna use this as leverage to make me do whatever you want? Is that what you've been planning? She says in the most accusatory tone ever, I mean she isn't wrong though. Yes, that's definitely what I'm doing. Do you actually think you have a choice in this? Besides, your task is to tutor me right? this is somehow like tutoring if you think about it. I cross my arms and scoffed at her.

I'm not going to let you do that, I can easily tell our parents what actually happened, that you started it. Fighting back I see, well what makes you think they're going to believe you? We both know your parents are going to be embarrassed at what their daughter did to the people who opened their home to her. I tilt my head to the side and gave her a smile, a smile she knows that I have the upper hand in the situation.

EMILY'S POV

She left before I could muster up a response, am I her personal lap dog now? I groaned as I lay back on my bed. Am I really going to help her cheat? I need to figure out a way to earn some cash so I can get a little apartment, in that way I won't have to be tied to Margo anymore.

Nothing can really ease my mind..well almost nothing. I called my boyfriend, he really is the only person I can rely on. The phone rang a few seconds before a smiling Liam picked up, Hi baby, he greeted me with a kiss. He always makes me feel better in any given situation, now I'm not so sure if ill tell him what happened between Margo and me. I'll tell him just not now...Babe? Are you okay? you zoned out, hearing him call me made me snap out of my thoughts.

Yes, I'm fine just tired and I miss you, I tried to divert the topic immediately. I miss you too, do you wanna hang out? He asks. I feel so bad but I need to decline. I wish we could but I need to study, I'm trying to get some extra credits. He nodded, you shouldn't work yourself too much, he's so cute when he gets all caring. I know, don't worry it's nothing I can't handle, I gave him a slight smile. Deep down I know this is too much for me to handle. We spent the next hour just talking, I'm so thankful for him making me forget about all my problems even just for a while.

A knock came on my door, I immediately said goodbye and that ill talk to him later. He seemed taken back by my sudden action but I ended the call before he could protest.

What do you want now? I asked annoyed. You know that presentation about the books that ma'am assigned to us in English class. Well, guess what, it's my turn tomorrow. I need you to do it. I stared at her in disbelief, you want me to make an entire presentation that's due tomorrow about a book I haven't read? Are you serious? As serious as I am about telling my parents what happened.

I scoffed at her, Fine, but if you don't get a decent grade it isn't my fault. She rolled her eyes, I'll tell you what happened in the book, you just make it sound better and get me an A. I agreed as there was no other choice. Grab your things and come to my room, she says as she walks away not giving me enough time to respond or even react.

I huffed and gathered my things. I'm exhausted all I wanna do is go to sleep, I brushed off the sluggishness and walked towards her room. I stopped in my tracks as I noticed the mess all over her room. That's your fault by the way, How is it my fault? Well, you angered me, resulting to this. She rolled her eyes and tap the space next to her on the bed.

I hesitantly sat down, so tell me what you know about the books. Please don't just say a couple of sentences and expect me to produce an A-worthy paper. She proceeded to tell me the story in fairly good detail. I can surely make something out of it, I started to get comfortable and type away on my computer. I am now completely laying down on her bed while she's on her phone. She's been staring at me for 5 minutes now, is there anything you need? I asked looking at her. Nothing just making sure you're actually doing the work.

HELLO EVERYONE!! I'm back!! I'm so sorry for not being able to upload new chapters for quite a while. I'll do my best to try and upload regularly again. 

Thank you so much!

VOTE AND LIKE!!