Chapter 20

EMILY'S POV

The thought of going to school still makes me feel sick, people are still talking about it Im sure of it. I stare at my reflection in the foggy bathroom mirror, You can do this. You need to. I started getting ready for school, my entire routine felt such a burden. No matter how I good I dress or how clean my make up looks, its not gonna change what happened. I'll still feel exposed to everyone.

I wanted to wear something that would hide every inch of my skin. The grey sweats and sweatshirt did the job. My simply let my hair fall in attempt to cover my neck. I put on make up to add color to my pale face, being sleep deprived and anxious really does take a toll on your appearance. After 20 minutes of getting ready, a loud knock from the front door erupted. I grabbed my bag and hurried down stairs. Hey, I greeted him. Flowers for my lady, he says handing me the flowers. I inhaled the fresh scent of the bouquet.

Ready for school? He asked while offering his hand to hold. I gladly took it. He parked in his usual spot which is a couple of feet from the school entrance. I took 3 deep breaths, the sinking feeling returned to my stomach. I felt his hand on top of mine. I look at him, he gives me a simple smile as a response. I lean in to give him a soft kiss on the cheek. We hopped out of the car, I took one last breath. Fuck it.

MARGO'S POV

Day and night I can't stop thinking about what I want from Emily. I barely listened in class today nor did I even pretend to listen. Everyone started to pack up out of nowhere, that's when I realized the bell already rang. The day went in a blur that it was already lunch. I got my usual  and sat down with the group. I paid no attention to them at all, just a simple nod to show interest in their conversation.

Even in my deep thoughts, something caught my attention. The entire room suddenly went silent making me snap out of my own world. Emily and Liam quietly walked up to the food station, they were very aware that everyone's attention were on them.

Whispers erupted everywhere. Snickers could be heard from every table, even Dylan made a comment. I looked at her in a warning. I did make a deal, I have to keep my word so she can keep hers. I stood up from my seat and slammed my hands on the table. The whole scandal is getting old, I suggest everyone finds something else to talk about, I made sure to make my voice is loud and clear for everyone to understand while eyeing everything single student insight in the cafeteria.

Then I made eye contact with her. A mix of emotions I can't quite read were shown in her eyes. The cafeteria was still quiet, no one dared to make a sound. Was the silence so deafening that it made time feel so short? How long were we looking at eachother.

When I got home I didn't bother eating or doing anything at all. I suddenly got a call from my dad, they'd been out of the country for the past 2 weeks. Attending some business matters in London. Hey Dad, where's mom, I greeted him with a cheeky smile. I miss them so much.

Hi sweetie, we miss you too. Listen pumpkin there's something I need to tell you. So one of my new employees is in a difficult situation right now. He has a daughter that needs a place to stay. Your mom and I figured since you're all alone in the house, I offered that she could stay there with you.

Did my dad really just turn our house into an orphanage? What makes him think I wanna play roomies just because his employee can't afford to take care of his own daughter? But Dad I don't think I'm okay with that. What if the girl is a thief? Who's to say she's a good person and our house isn't an orphanage, I responded blandly

Margo we didn't raise you to be that kind of person. You are blessed with things that other kids don't have. We own the house, you don't. You will make our guests comfortable. My mom butted in, she didn't sound like she was joking. She loves helping people, but she needs to take it down a notch. Fine. I replied quietly. There's no need to argue even further, I can make the girl leave anyway. I mean I won't kick her out I'll just give her a reason to move out on her own.

Maybe you already know her. She goes to the same school as you do. My mom added returning back to her normal tone. Ugh, I'd hate it if it's one of those back braces, annoying, know it all kids.

From what I heard her name is Emily. My whole world turned dark. Fuck.

HEY GUYS SORRY IT'S BEEN A WHILE. THIS CHAPTER IS SHORT CAUSE I FIGURED ITS TIME TO GET TO THE ACTUAL PLOT.

*THIS CHAPTER HAS BEEN UPDATED*

Comment and Vote!