Chapter 23

My inspiration for Margo's house is the house from Geek Charming!!

EMILY'S POV

It's so weird how their house has such a welcoming vibe yet there's a person living in it who's the complete opposite.

I started to unpack the stuff I need for my everyday routine; bathroom stuff, some pjs, and my computer and chargers. The maids were kind enough to have the bed already made, the sheets are obviously new and freshly washed.

As long as I keep my distance from her everything should be okay. I mean how hard can it be? Our rooms are right across from one another and we'll be seeing each other 24/7 now. I rolled around in frustration, I took my phone out to text Liam.

Hey. After a few seconds, I saw him typing. I smiled to myself. Hey, how's the move? has she given you any headaches yet?

Emily: Not really, just her usual bitchy attitude. Can you pick me up after my parents come to say goodbye?

Liam: Of course, just call me when I should pick you up.

Emily: I'd do anything to get out of this house.

Liam: We'll watch movies and whatever that you want.

Emily: Tell me when you are a few blocks away, I don't want her to know any of our business.

Liam: Okay, you got it. I'll be waiting.

Emily: See you.

I threw my phone somewhere on the bed and smiled to myself. I'm glad that even in the sea of chaos I still have Liam to fall back to. A knock came on my door. Miss? Would you like to come down for some lunch? As if on cue my stomach made a grumbling sound. Yes, thank you. I'll be right down.

I quickly scanned the opened boxes for some PJs. I changed into some shorts and an oversized white shirt. I headed down the grand staircase trying to find my way to the kitchen, but I failed. Each turn I take takes me to a different room. I called out to Marie who is one of the maids, she smiled as she saw my confused face as I try to make my way around the house. Follow me. We have an omelet made for you and some fresh fruits, is that okay? She asks sweetly.

Yes, I'll be happy with anything that is prepared. She looked up at me surprised as to what I said, she gave me a sly smile. Would you like to eat in the kitchen or in the dining room? She asks once again. Oh just the kitchen, there's no need to be so grand for lunch.

I sat at the kitchen counter as she placed a freshly made omelet, I can still see the steam coming off of it. She also placed a small bowl of cut-up fruits and a glass of water. Thank you, I said. I'll be out in the garden, just leave your plates. I'll clean it up when I'm back, I just simply nodded. I was too hungry to properly respond. 

The omelet was so milky and cheesy. Every bite I take the cheese just keeps on oozing. I moaned in delight as I savour the cheezy goods. I finished my plate almost immediately, I moved on to the bowl of fresh-cut fruits. Mango and peach cubes, my favorite! These are the freshest and juiciest fruits I've ever had. The sweetness of the mango makes me shiver in satisfaction. Chugging the glass of water to wash everything down. I slammed the glass with accomplishment and a full stomach.

I hear a scoff from the entryway. There she was, leaning against the archway entrance. Do they starve you at home or is this your first time eating actual food, her snarky comments started once again. I chose to ignore her and just do the dishes that I used, I rinsed it down and grabbed the sponge.

I'm talking to you, remember this isn't your house. I continued to ignore her, I scrub the plate and bowl. I felt something grab my arm tightly, I gasped at the sudden harsh contact causing me to drop the plate. Thankfully it shattered inside the sink. She didn't let go in fact, she even held on tighter. You're hurting me, let me go, I said as I try to yank my arm.

This is your fault, it's your first day and you're already breaking stuff that isn't even yours!  She screams at me. I said let me go, I push her off with all my strength causing her to stumble back. I looked her dead in the eye and said, This is your fault. You grabbed me. You made me drop the plate. You gave me your bitchy attitude for no reason.

There was no part of me that wanted to back away from her anymore. She hurt me. Physically. That goes against all of my personal boundaries.

She looked at me wide-eyed. Not in shock, no. She looked at me with so much intensity that I was just waiting for her to pounce on me. To my surprise, she didn't move a muscle. I started to pick up the broken plate pieces. Ah.. Fuck. One of the broken pieces cut my palm. A sudden stingy feeling run-up down my arm. Shit, that's a lot of blood.

A tiny pool of blood started forming in the sink. I was so focused on my cut that I didn't even realize her getting the first aid kit. Here, let me, she said trying to grab my arm. I pulled back, what makes you think I'll let you touch me after that stunt you just pulled? 

This isn't about you, I'm doing this just in case you decide to snitch on my dad. At least I can say that I tried to help you. So give me your hand, she said demandingly.

I was about to move a few steps backward but an intense pain shot up through my hand again. Fuck, ugh. I gave in, I needed to bandage this up quickly before it gets infected. I hesitantly gave my hand to her. She pulled me closer to examine my hand, our chests almost in contact. A weird feeling run through me as I realized our bodies are only inches apart.

We need to wash it before I bandage it. We walked over to the sink with her standing right behind me. She put my palm under the running water, I winced in pain as I felt the pressure of the water hit the raw cut causing me to move back and bump into her. Stop moving, I need to see the cut clearly. I held in the pain not wanting to appear weak in front of her.

Dry your hands with a paper towel I'll get the bandage ready. I gently pat my hands with the paper avoiding the cut area. She gestured for me to sit on one of the bar stools. I slowly extended my arm. This is gonna sting a lot, she said before wiping the cut with an antiseptic solution. I wanted to yank my arm back from the sudden burning sensation caused by the solution but she kept a firm grip on my hand. I guess she knew that I was going to pull back.

Hold still, so we can get this over with, I took a few deep breaths and held it in, I focused on the light fixtures on the ceiling trying to distract myself from the pain. She carefully wrapped my hand in bandages. I'm surprised that she wasn't rough. All done. Make sure you change the bandages after a few days, she said quickly while cleaning up all the supplies. 

As she was about to exit the kitchen she turned around to look at me. No thank you?

Thank you? Why would I thank you when you caused this? I scoffed and rolled my eyes at her. Whatever is all I heard her mutter under her breath as she walked away.

*THIS CHAPTER HAS BEEN UPDATED*

Comment and Vote!