Chapter 2

EMILY POV

Hearing your alarm is the most dreadful sound a student can hear. I opened my eyes and the feeling of self pity has already taken over. My family had to moved away from the life we know after my parents businesses went bankrupt. It has been really hard for everyone.

I dragged myself out of bed. Quickly showered and picked out a simple hoodie and some black leggings. I headed down to the kitchen, my heart sunk when I saw empty bottles of alcohol scattered everywhere. Mom and dad fell into a drinking habit after the bankrupt incident. They're lovely parents, they support me no matter what. That's why it hurts me seeing them act like this.

I decided to clean the mess once Im back home. Grabbing an apple from the fruit basket. I sprinted to the bus stop in hoping it hasn't left yet. Thankfully I arrived just in time. Drained from what I saw this morning my eyelids started to feel heavy.

Waking up, seeing my new school come to view. New town, new life, new people. Great.  People stared the moment I came up to the entrance. I really don't understand why they do that honestly. God knows how I made it into the school office to pick up my schedule. First period English and well you look at that, its the first day and Im already late.

MARGO POV

The driver dropped me off at the main entrance and as always all eyes were on me. God I love the attention. I saw Dylan standing in front of her locker, strutting towards her while feeling everyone's gaze on me.

Hey Dylan I greeted her while brushing my hand through my silky hair.

Guess what I heard from a little birdie from the school office just by the tone of her voice I can immediately tell its something good.

There's a new student, a girl. So what do you say Margo? After all its the our last year of high school. Dylan smiled at me.

I returned her smile. I know what she exactly means.

-TIME SKIPPED: ENGLISH CLASS-

Dylan and I made our way to the front row seats. The classroom started to fill up by the minute. Ms. Snow, our English teacher arrived. Everyone settled down and took out their books. She already started the class on the first day, no wonder nobody likes her.

Class listen up, a new student is joining us today. Please make her feel welcome.

Introduce yourself dear the English teacher faked a smiled.

My name is Emily, my family and I recently moved here. Im 17 years old

My head went to the straight to the owner of the voice. There she was, wearing a red hoodie and some black leggings. Her brown hair was a mess and tangled. Im guessing she never heard of concealer by the looks of her under eyes. Seriously even if you just have a penny to your name Im quite sure you can still buy some chapstick or has she never heard of that too.

What kind of name is Emily. It has only been a few minutes since I saw her and yet I already have tons to say about her. This is going to be fun.

Just by looking at her, I can feel her making my stomach twist in some way. Weird.

EMILY POV

I hate introductions, feeling everyones gaze on you. "Introduce yourself dear" the English teacher smiled that's obviously forced.

My name is Emily, my family and I recently moved here. Im 17 years old I said blandly and straight forward. Although there was a certain pair of eyes that caught my attention.

Well alright Emily, take any vacant seat. If I you have any questions my classroom is always open She said assuring me

I saw an empty seat at the very back of the classroom. Perfect away from everyone. I walked towards my new seat.  I felt someone's leg sticking out and I ended up losing my balance, small giggles erupted in the class. Me. Snow shushed them down. I looked at who's leg it was, and no surprise it was the same eyes who caught my attention.

I rolled my eyes at her, she returned the action by a smirk.

I sat down and tuned everyone out. Believe it or not Im actually good at school, so Im not that worried about not paying attention. In a glimpse of an eye, class ended.

*THIS CHAPTER HAS BEEN UPDATED*

Thank you for reading

Comment and Vote