Chapter 9

EMILY POV

The first week of school ended fast. For the rest of the week, I didn't have any mishaps with Margo. There would be times when we would pass by each other in the hallways or Liam and I would sit at a table close to theirs. She didn't even look at me or you know glared daggers. Why did she stop looking at me or make some dramatic scene? Just a curious thought.

I slapped myself out of it, time to get ready for my date. I stood in front of my closet, deciding on what to wear. It's gonna be cold in the movies but I don't simply just wanna wear a sweatshirt and a pair of leggings. I tried on every outfit I manage to put together. Nothing was working. I flopped down on my bed and groaned. Ugh. Not knowing what to do, I decided to text the person who is taking me out.

Emily: I got a situation, might not be able to come😣

I decided to play with him a little, to see if he would get upset if I wouldn't be able to come. 

Liam: Why? What happened? 

He replied immediately.

Emily: I don't know what to wear and I can't find anything

Wow did he really leave me on seen because of that? Suddenly my phone rings. 

Emily: Hello?

Liam: Seriously, Emily that's your big situation.

He said in a monotone voice, I couldn't help but laugh. I burst out laughing, rolling around my bed for I can no longer breathe.

Liam: You are so gonna regret doing that. Wear something comfortable. I have to pick up my car from the shop and then ill pick you up. You'll look amazing in anything.

Emily: Okay, stop flirting with me. I'll see you later. 

We both said our goodbyes and hung up.

I got up from my bed and walked back to my closet. I settled on denim shorts and a baby blue sweater. Comfy yet cute. 

I sat down to do my make-up. I simply did my brows and mascara, you can never forget concealer under your eyes especially if you're like me who never gets enough sleep. A hint of blush and some highlighter. I decided to curl my hair to add some extra volume and finished it off with some perfume. I packed up my purse, knowing that I have some extra time I put all my clothes back where they belong. 

After cleaning my room, I heard my parents call me from the kitchen. I took a deep breath before heading down. My parents were leaning against the counter, it's obvious that they were discussing something beforehand. I stood in front of them curious about what they have to say. 

Your father got offered a job, which can help us from the bankruptcy situation, My mother said with a sad look on her face. That's amazing! Why do you guys seem so sad, is something wrong? I asked confused. 

Honey, the job only allows me to take one other person because the job will be situated in London, My dad came up to me and held me by the shoulders. Wait, what? So that means I'll be left here alone?  I started to panic. My family has been through a lot, I don't want the three of us to be separated.

They both hugged me. I just buried my face into their chest, I can feel how much they love me. I'll do anything just to make sure that my family will go back to the way it was. I know your father and I, haven't been the greatest parents recently, and we're really sorry for that. This opportunity has been given to us so we can get our old life back, I hope you understand honey,  My mom said while cupping my face. 

I understand, I want the same thing for us. Where will I stay?  If this is the sacrifice that I need to do for my family then I will. Don't worry sweetheart, your mother and I won't leave until we make sure that you have a safe place to stay while we're gone, My dad kissed my forehead. 

 I trust you guys. I'm going out with a friend. We're going to watch a movie and grab dinner, I said trying to lighten up the mood. Okay, just be home by 11, My dad said looking all serious, being the protective dad he is. 

I looked down at my phone and saw that Liam texted me saying that he's outside. I replied quickly saying I'll be right there. I told my parents that I have to go and ran up to the door. There he was standing outside the car smiling at me, I smiled back. There it was again, the funny feeling in my stomach. 

Let me see this friend of yours, My dad said. I love seeing my dad being all protective, I see Liam suddenly get nervous as hell and just managed to nod and smile. Okay, Dad, I have to go now, I kissed him on the cheek and headed towards Liam. 

Hey there stranger, I smiled at him. He just stared at me for an entire moment. Yeah, sorry I was just.. nevermind. Shall we? He opened the door for me. I laughed at his action. I smiled and went into the car. We started to drive off. This is the first time we've been alone outside of school. For the longest time, I finally felt free from my problems.

*THIS CHAPTER HAS BEEN UPDATED*

This is my first time writing, stay tuned to see the story progress

Comment and Vote!