Epilogue

Epilogue

*6 years later

Amanda's POV

'Give me the remote!' I yelled at him.

'No.' He said, staying calmed. He always knew how to irritate me.

'Give me the remote you turd!' I yelled again.

'That's not nice.' He said, and then stuck out his tongue at me.

'You're driving me nuts!' I yelled again and went on his side of the couch to grab the remote from him.

'Get off of me!' He yelled.

I almost had the remote in my hands when I heard, 'Hey! What are you guys doing!?' Dad asked us with his voice raised.

'He won't give me the remote and this show sucks.' I told him.

'And you thought by jumping on him and grabbing it would help?' He asked.

'Anything to get that off of the TV.' I said, pointing to the TV.

'Once upon a time, you used to like these kinds of shows.' He said.

'Well, I'm not 5 years old anymore.' I said.

'Hey, don't get fresh with me.' Dad warned.

'Sorry.' I said looking away from him.

'You're appointment's today, you're mom is almost ready. Maybe you should get ready to so you won't be late this time.' He said.

I rolled my eyes, 'I don't want to go.' I said, being honest.

'A.J. why don't you go see if your mom's almost ready.' He said and my annoying little brother left the living room.

My dad came and sat down on the couch with me.

'You always say you don't want to go but when you come back, you're happy you went.' He said and I knew it was true.

'I just wish I didn't have to go. I just want to fast forward time and be fine. I'm tired of those appointments. It's exhausting.' I said letting myself fall back onto the couch.

'We all go to see her. Amanda, there's nothing wrong with seeing a psychologist.' He told me.

'But I'm fine.'

'You're fine?' He asked and I nodded. 'Then why aren't you sleeping well, your mom and I can see by just looking at you that your nightmares are back.' He said.

'It's not a big deal. Everyone has trouble sleeping now and then.' I said, giving him the lamest excuse ever.

'That's true...but not everyone went through what you and your mom did. We hoped it would be fine, that you were to little to remember but you do, and that's a lot to handle, even for an adult like your mom. You were a child.' He said and I could feel my tears and my emotions taking control.

I got up, 'I'll go get ready.' I told him and left him there.

I walked up to my room and closed the door. I just needed to change clothes and brush my teeth, and then I'd be ready.

---------------------------------------------------

Derrick's POV

I was sitting on the couch when Angela walked in the living room.

Damn she looks good, I thought to myself.

'Hey.' I said just looking at her.

She smirked at me and shook her head.