Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Angela’s POV

It was finally Friday, Derrick had picked us up.  I had been surprised when I saw a booster seat in his truck. 

‘It’s good right?!  Is it the right one?’ he asked me.

‘How would I know?’ I answered back

‘Oh, right.  Well the girl from the store said it should be good, and safe.’ He said.

‘Okay, let me figure it out.  It might take a few minutes.’ I said to him.

Once Amanda was safely in the booster seat, I sat in the back beside her and Derrick driving we were good to go.

After about 20 minutes, Derrick, Amanda and I were in front of Derrick’s new apartment.  Amanda was behind me, she was always so scared but with the way Jesse had treated her I couldn’t blame her.

The front door opened and Derrick stepped away letting Amanda and I pass.  I walked to the doorway with Amanda almost being my shadow.

I could see a little of the kitchen and living room.  The living room looked big.  I stepped into his apartment and started to look around.  It was nice, I knew he had cleaned or this Carly chick had trained him since I always had to clean up after him which drove me nuts

‘Amanda, look around.  It’s nice and big.’ I said, trying to turn my head as much as I could to see her, she was pressed against the back of my legs

I moved out of the way to let Derrick in, he smiled and then closed the door.

‘You girls thirsty or hungry?’ he asked us.

I looked at Amanda who she shook her head no, ‘We’re good, thanks.’ I said.

‘Do you want me to show you both around or…check it out on your own?’ he asked.

‘I don’t think we’ll get lost but do you mind if…on our own?’ I asked him, feeling bad.  Here we were, staying with him and…

‘Of course not.  Check it out.  I’ll be in the kitchen fixing some food since I am hungry and I’ll probably still be there when you come back.  If not, kitchen table.’ He said to me.

I nodded and brought my arm behind me and Amanda took my hand.  I went into the hall and started to look.

I found his room, it was simple, very him.  The walls were white his bed was black, and had very little bedroom furniture. 

He hadn’t closed his door so I knew it was ok for me to look.  I let Amanda look, both staying in the door way.