Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Derrick’s POV

I saw her roll her eyes and tried again. ‘I heard you’re getting married, well, I also read.’ She said to me.

‘You read it?’ I asked her.

‘That’s what I said…isn’t?’ she said with the attitude finally coming out.

‘Yeah, sorry, yeah I am.’ I said to her. ‘How did you come to read about it?’ I asked her.

‘Jesse was very kind to let me read the article.  I didn’t believe him at first but…there it was.  Beautiful picture.’ She added.

I closed my eyes and brought my head down.  I should win an award for being the most stupid jerk of all time.

‘I know it won’t help but…’ I started saying but she cut me off.

‘You’re sorry? You’re right.  It won’t help.’ She finished for me.

‘I wish I could…’ I tried again but she cut me off.

‘You want a wish?  What do you want to wish for Derrick?’ she asked me.  I was getting no where and I was only pissing her more off.

‘A do over.’ I said in a low tone.

‘A do over?  Wow, that’s fresh.  Can I have one too?’ she asked me.

‘I’m sorry.’ I said to her, looking at her in the eyes.

‘Still not helping, anything else I can do for you?’ she asked.

I gave up, I knew I wasn’t going anywhere with her.  When she was angry, she was like a brick wall, she wouldn’t budge or move.  She needed time, have her space then I’d try again.

I looked at the little girl again.  Almost like she hadn’t heard a thing, which made me think she was used to hearing arguments.  I wondered what else she had heard or seen.

Without making it to obvious I pointed at the little girl.

‘What’s her name?’ I asked Angela.

‘That’s none of your concern.’ She answered dryly.

I nodded my head, ‘I’ll be in the waiting room.  I’ll stay all day.  If you don’t want to talk by then, I’ll come back every day until you do.’ I told her.

She rolled her eyes and looked at the little girl.  I could see both of them were getting tired so I moved out of the door way and walked towards Dave and Barb.