Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Derrick’s POV

'Derrick Gibson, please come to the front, you have a visitor.' I heard in the loud speaker.

I put the tire I was holding down, wiped my hands on my pants and made my way over to the front.

All day so far I had been changing tires. Taking off the summer tires and putting the winter tires back on.

It wasn't hard but after 5 cars and it was just close to noon, it always got boring but Max would tell me that being fast would mean more money so I always got the jobs that he wanted fast results.

I opened the door that separated the garage to the estimates area, when there was a car that had been in an accident.

I went to the front desk to see Steven.

'Hey, you called?' I asked him.

'Yeah, you have a visitor.' He said, not lifting his head looking through some paper work.

I looked around but didn't see anyone I knew.

'Okay, where?' I asked him.

He finally looked up and looked around.

'Oh, behind the truck. I just see a little bit of the woman's head in front of the vending machine.' He said.

'Thanks.' I said and went to look. Hoping not to see someone I didn't like.

When I passed the truck, I saw them. My two favorite girls on the planet looking at junk food. They could always make me smile.

'Hello ladies.' I said and they both looked my way.

Angela gave me a big smile and my little girl ran up to me and I picked her up.

'Hey you!' I said to her when she was in my arms.

I knew she wouldn't talk with people around but now she would do what she did with her mom. Whisper in my ear what she wanted to say.

'How did you girls get here?' I asked both of them.

'We went on the big bus daddy. It was so fun, I got to press the button again.' Amanda whispered in my ear but she still couldn't hold her excitement.

'That is so cool.' I said to back to her and she nodded her head in agreement.

'Then mommy and me saw this rude girl and mommy got angry and was rude back.' She said with big eyes.

'You don't say!?'

I looked at Angela who hadn't heard anything Amanda was telling me and when our eyes locked on each other she put her hands on her face. I could tell she was embarrassed but Angela wouldn't blow up on someone unless she had a good reason.

I walked closer to Angela while Amanda was still in my arms.

'What happened?' I asked Angela.

She took a deep breath and finally looked at me.

'I know it wasn't a smart move but I couldn't help it.' She said.

'So you blew up on a stranger?' I asked her.

'Oh no daddy, mommy knew her.' Amanda said in my ear.

'Oh.' Was all I said.

Just looking at Angela I could tell the woman really ticked her off and she was still angry and sad all at the same time.