Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Angela's POV

As I closed the door to Amanda's room I went to the bathroom.  When I was done, I made my way to the living room.  I could hear the TV, it wasn't loud but just enough to hear without bothering anyone else.

I turned the corner and saw Derrick asleep on the couch.  I wanted to laugh but I held it in.  I was glad I hadn't fallen asleep next to Amanda.  I got close to him and bent down to have a closer look at him.  He was so peaceful and I usually fell asleep before him and so now was my opportunity to actually see him.

I could see the wrinkles on his face.  Close to his eyes, the lines on his forehead, between his eye brows, all the lines of worry and anger. 

How could I have missed that? I thought.

I knew me being away from him had been a lot more than just difficult or hard.  His words could say one thing but those lines, they said something else.

He was sleeping so peacefully, I wasn't sure if I should wake him or not but I decided to wake him up.

I gently put my hand on the side of his face, tracing the lines on his face with my thumb. 

I felt him jump a bit, his eyes opening with panic but when he saw me he relaxed immediately.

'Hi.' He said his voice scratchy, full of sleep.

'Hi.' I said back.  His eyes looking into mine he slowly sat up and took my arm making me sit so close to him that I was almost sitting on him.

'How did it go?' He asked putting his arm around my shoulders.

'She was scared but she fell asleep.' I told him.

He moved his head and looked back at me, 'You were in there for 2 hours?' He asked.

I looked at the time and was surprised.

'I guess.' I didn't know what else to say.

'What did you do the whole time?  Was she awake the whole time?'

'No, it took awhile for her to fall asleep but I wanted to wait for her to actually be fully asleep so that when I'd get up, she wouldn't wake up because if she would have, we'd start from scratch.' I told him and he nodded.

'How on earth did you manage to stay awake?' He asked laughing a bit.

'I just...I was thinking.' I answered.  He gave me this look to continue and I felt my face heat up.

'Oh.' He said laughing a bit more, 'What were you thinking about?' He asked.

'You...me...our life before.' I said not looking into his amazing hazel eyes.

'I think about that too.' He confessed which made me feel a little bit better.

'What do you think about?' I asked him.

'Well, that day at the coffee shop.  I even remember what you were wearing.' He said smiling.

'Yeah right.' I said, not believing him.

'I do.  This V-neck shirt with...it was red and black pants.  You looked amazing. I loved that you were you.  You didn't go all out and try to be someone different.  You hair was wet from the rain and you kept playing with it.  I knew you were self conscious about it but watching you play with your hair, trying to fix it.  I was wishing I was your hand, that it was me passing my fingers through it.' He said.

How the hell could he do this to me, making me melt in two minutes?  He always said the right things without even trying.

'I didn't know that.' I said.

'You didn't look like a french poodle.  You were the most beautiful woman I had ever met...and you still are.' he said.

I took both my hands and placed them on his face and brought myself closer to him.

I kissed him with everything I had.  When the shock of my action wore off, he immediately kissed me back with as much force as I was.

Our lips moving in perfect rhythm, I touched his upper lip with my tongue and he opened his mouth a bit more and I touched his tongue.  Our tongues gently touching each other when I felt his hands on my waist.  He grabbed me and lifted me up enough to make me sit on him, my knees on each side of him.  His hands moved to my lower back pushing me closer to him, our kiss getting more urgent, and my hands on the back of his neck, trying to get myself closer to him.

I broke our kiss, needed to breath and so did he.  I opened my eyes and when he opened his, our eyes locked on each other.

'I'm scared.' I confessed.

He looked sad and confused at the same time.  'I'm sorry.  I'm pushing you.  I'm so sorry Angela.'  He said closing his eyes again and shaking his head.

'No, not about that.' I said, still trying to catch my breath.  He opened his eyes and looked at me again.

'What are you scared of?' He asked.

'That something bad is going to happen.' I said.

'Like what?'

'I don't know but it scares me to death.' I said.

'I don't understand.' He said.

'I'm scared because I think I love you and the last time, it didn't end up very well.' I said, feeling my eyes filling with my tears.

His eyes were big, searching mine.

'I'm sorry, I need you to repeat something to make sure I didn't make it up.  You love me?' He asked.

I lowered my head but he put his finger under my chin to make me look at him.

When our eyes locked, my tears were slowly going down my cheeks.

I slowly nodded, 'Yeah...  I love you...and it scares me to death.'

He gave me a little smile.

'It won't happen again.  You know that right?' He asked.

‘There are so many things that can go wrong.' I said.

'With anyone, everyone, something can go wrong.  But if you give me the chance... If you give me the chance to let me love you and for you to love me, I'll fight for us for the rest of my life.  I won't let go, I never have and never will.' he said.

I looked into his eyes as he looked into mine.  We didn't say a word, he looked into my blue eyes while I looked into his hazel eyes.

I put my hand on the side of his head, putting my fingers through his hair and passing my thumb on the side of his face.

When I was sure I could say it again...but properly I took a deep breath.

'I love you Derrick.' I said still looking into his eyes.

He smiled his big beautiful smile and kissed me.  His lips moving with mine and he pulled back.

'I waited so long for you to say that.' He said still smiling and I smiled back but a bit shy.

'I'm so in love with you Angela.  That never left, I will always be in love with you. You're the best thing in my life with our daughter...I love you.' He said and I smiled a big smile too.

Meeting each other half way, our lips making contact with each other.  Our kiss was filled with every emotions we had.  I could feel his love, his strength, his belief in us and I hoped he felt mine as well.  With my hands back behind his neck, his hands on my lower back, gripping my pink pj top, were pulling me towards him. 

I wanted more, more of him but I knew we couldn't do anything in the living room.  I could feel how excited he was.  With me straddling him, it was very easy to feel him, between my legs.

I broke the kiss and opened my eyes to see him.  His eyes showed many emotions.  I could see he was scared, nervous, and unsure.  I felt his hands let go my top and he brought one of his hands to my face.

'I'm sorry.' He whispered, trying to catch his breath.

I smiled and shook my head. 'I'm not.' I said and put both hands on the side of his neck with my fingers on the side of his face to make sure he looked at me.

'This is you and me.  Only you and me...my head, my mind, my thoughts...it's just you and me here.  No one else.' I said to him, hoping I didn't have to say or continue to explain.

He was the only one in my head.  Not Jesse.
He was the only one on my mind.  Not Jesse.
My thoughts were only of him, no one else.

I saw he understood when he smiled at me and kissed me again but I didn't let it go that too far.  I knew if we continued we'd forget we were in the living room and not the bedroom. 

I broke the kiss and I saw his irritation which made me laugh a bit.

'I'm glad I still have that effect on you Mr. Gibson.' I said smirking.

He chuckled and gave me a smile.

'Your effect on me will never go away.' He whispered.

'You always know what to say.' I whispered back.

'That's not true.  I've said many times the wrong thing and got in trouble for it.  Being called an ass, a jerk, a son of a...'

I cut him off giggling because I knew it was true.  I had called him a lot of bad names through our relationship.  'Shut up...'I said smirking and slowly got up off of him.

He watched me get off his lap and I could see he was disappointed.

Once I was standing I looked around and found what I was looking for.  I grabbed the remote for the TV and turned it off.

'Let's go to bed.' I said to him.

He nodded his head and started to get up.

'You had a long day, you must be tired.' I said, putting my hands on his arms, rubbing them up and down.

'Long...' he said and I nodded.

'You're not tired?' I asked him.

He lifted his shoulders, 'Maybe a little but not much.' He answered.

'Good.' I said looking at him and waiting until his eyes looked into mine.

'Good?  Really?' he asked smiling, catching on.

'Yeah...I want to do something we both wanted to do for over 5 years now.' I said.

He hesitated, 'Really...what would that be?' He asked and I rolled my eyes.

'I'm not spelling it out for you.  You know exactly what I'm talking about.  Don't play dumb.' I told him laughing and I could feel my face heat up.  I was hoping he was joking and that I didn't have to explain any further.

'I'll never get use to this, but I'm going to love it.' he whisper and I got more confused.

'Get use to what?' I asked him.

'Making you blush.  Its quiet fun and you're the most beautiful woman who I can do that to, besides our daughter.' he said giving me half a smile.

'Screw you.' I told him, hitting his arm.

'Well that won't work but if I heard right, I believe you were going to.' he said smirking and again I went beet red and he laughed.

'You're not funny.' I told him.

He came closer to me and placed his hands again on my lower back pulling me closer.

'I love you.' he said.

I smiled a little 'I love you too.'

I started walking backwards, looking now and then to make sure I didn't hit anything, holding his hand, pulling him forwards to follow me.

Once we made it to our room, when he passed the door, he closed it and looked at me.  I nodded and he locked it.

I started to get nervous when he started to walk to me.  Maybe he felt it, he stopped moving and just looked at me.

I walked the rest of the way to him and hugged him.  Joking about sex was one thing, acting on it was different.

'No rush, remember.  I wasn't planning on letting you go... now that I know you love me, that will never happen.  We'll only do this when your ready, not a second before.' he whispered with his arms wrapped around me.

I felt all my nerves calm down and I smiled.  He really did know exactly what to say, and what was even better was that he meant it.

I slowly let my arms fall and placed my hands on the side of this shirt and slowly started to bring it up.  I wasn't able to lift it over his head, he was too tall but when I couldn't go further he helped out.

After he threw his shirt on the floor, he looked at me, making eye contact.

'Angela, are you sure?' he asked.  Using my name instead of mon amour to make sure I knew that he was very serious.

'Yes my love, I'm sure.' I said smiling and he smiled back.

He kissed me and I felt his hands slowly go down my arms, down to my waist until he reached the end of my top and ran his fingers against my skin.

It tickled a bit so I kept twitching and trying not to laugh.

'I love that sound.' he said of my laughter.

He got a grip on my top and lifted it slowly until it was over my head.  He threw it on the floor.

He had a smile on his face.  I felt his hands go back up the side of my stomach and made their way to my breast.

He had always and still loved that I never wore a bra to bed.  I didn't like it, wasn't comfortable.  I never understood how some woman could do that.

I lifted myself on my tippy toes and wrapped my arms around the back of his neck.  He lowered his face and kissed me.

I could feel his thumbs go around the top of my pants, from my front all the way to the back and he moved slowly.

I let go my hold and started working on his pants.  When they were undone, they found themselves on the floor too.  He took his socks off and now he was looking sexy as hell in his boxers.

He lowered himself closer to the floor and brought my pj bottom slowly to the floor.

He got back up and took a step back.  I rolled my eyes because for the last few nights he had been doing the same thing, every night.

‘What? I have to catch up.’ He said.

One night we were talking and I had told him how impressed I was, how the first day we met, he hadn't stared at my ass, legs or breast.

So since then, when I was naked or almost, he'd take a step back and check me out.  I found it embarrassing, sweet and he'd laugh a bit knowing I was probably tomato red.

As he was staring at me he tilted his head to the side.  I shook my head and smiled.

'You're amazing.' he whispered.

I smiled a little and walked to him.  He slowly took off my underwear and I slowly took off his.

Making love was even better than how I remembered it.  Only one word could describe it, amazing.  He made sure I was okay, emotionally and physically.  After, he held me in his arms for a long time.  We talk a little but mostly stayed silent.  He played with my hair while I drew circles on his chest.  He kept saying he loved me which made me laugh.

Like he was thinking he was dreaming or that I was going to turn into a pumpkin at any given time.

When we were dead tired we got back up from the bed and I put my pj's back on and he put his pj pants and a shirt.

I crawled back in the bed while he unlocked the door and opened it enough that if Amanda looked, she'd see us.

He got back in bed and put his arm around me.  We were facing each other and I got closer and kissed him goodnight. 

'I love you Derrick.' I said to him again.

He smiled his great smile at me, 'I love you too mon amour.' He whispered.

I got even closer to him, kissed him again and lowered myself a bit.  His face was higher than mine and mine was close to his chest.

I fell asleep with a smile on my face and felt Derrick kiss the top of my head.

****Please Vote and Comment!  Thank You!!****

No Upload on weekends so have a great weekend!

Next upload is on Monday, might be a little different but, wait and see...  Night!