Chapter 26

This Chapter is dedicated to Lianna-Grace...

Chapter 26

Six days later…Saturday…

Amanda’s POV

I was sitting in the room where the TV was.  I kept hearing my mommy calling it a living room.  I not sure why they called it that, I’ll have to ask her.

I love the TV, they were people in it and they did so many different things.  I could watch…cartoon, that’s what they called it.  Sometimes we’d watch shows with real people, I’m not sure how they got in there, and the TV so small and the people so big.  I had told my mommy not to get to close, I didn’t want her to go in there too because I never saw the people come out.  I told her to say the same thing to daddy.

I liked my daddy, he’s nice…not mean.  He plays with me and my dolls.  He reads me stories and the other day, when he came home, he got me something called movies.  He said if I liked them, I could watch them anytime I wanted.  My favorite one was this girl called Belle.  She was so pretty and when she’d sing, her voice was so pretty.  If my daddy was gone, my mommy and me, we’d watch Belle and my mommy would dance.  If I was alone in the TV room, I would do what my mommy did, and dance.  I liked it.

I could hear my mommy and daddy laughing.  They were doing breakfast.  My daddy said he was doing something called pancakes.  I knew cupcakes, those were good but I didn’t like them.  When I’d think of cupcakes I’d see the mean man in my head. 

My mommy never asked me and we didn’t talk about it but I was still scared he’d come for us.  I didn’t want to leave this place, my daddy was nice and I liked him a lot.  He didn’t yell at me, leave me in the hallway to talk to my mommy, or put me with the clothes.  I didn’t like it when the mean man did that.  My mommy didn’t talk when the man came to our room and when I was in the hallway…but when I’d be allowed to come back into the room, she’d cry.  She’d cry a lot and I would get on the bed with her and play with her hair.

I don’t understand how we left that room.  I remember being scared in the hallway.  My mommy had always told me if he’s in our room to not come in.  I did what my mommy told me, I didn’t want to see her cry like the mean man did.  I remember him coming closer to me on his knees and then…he went down.  His head hit the floor but I still don’t understand.  My mommy telling me to come to her and to go in the bathroom.  We washed our hands and her telling me to not leave her.  I thought she was silly.  I’d never leave my mommy, I love her so much.  I didn’t want her to leave me too so I did like she asked.

Being in that cold place where it smelled strange with a lot of people after we left that room.  Those people were scary.  Not like the mean man but they had these very pointy things and they’d put in me.  My mommy said it was to take blood.  It hurt, and she said it was important but I didn’t like it. 

When I met my daddy, I thought he was strange.  He was nice, not like all the other people.  He didn’t come to close or stick the pointy thing in my arm.  When he told me his name…I remembered my mommy talking about a man with the same name.  She told me he was my daddy. 

I was scared of him at first but when I saw my mommy laughing with him and she smiled a lot around him, I started to like him too.

My mommy didn’t cry a lot anymore and she wasn’t scared of my daddy so I knew I didn’t need to.

When I started talking with daddy, my mommy was so happy.  She told me daddy was happy too and that made me happy so I made sure to talk too him a bit more everyday.  Now it was a lot easier to do.