Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Angela’s POV

‘Hi.’ I said to the two Police Officers looking right back at me.

‘Hello Miss Webb.  My name is Officer Kelly Grant, this is Officer Paul White.  May we come in?’ Asked the woman.

I nodded my head and opened the door further, stepping out of the way to let them in.

‘Thank you.’ Officer White said and closed the door for me.

Derrick came closer to me, ‘Hi, I’m Derrick.’ He said to the two of them.

‘Mr. Gibson?’ Officer Grant asked and Derrick nodded.

‘I’m the one who spoke to you on the phone. Thank you for seeing us on short notice.  We’ve been trying to get of hold of you Miss Webb a couple of days after you left the hospital but it’s been difficult.’ She said to Derrick and I.

I looked at Derrick and he seemed as confused as I.

‘Excuse me?’ I asked.

‘Dave and Barb Webb, your parents?’ she asked and again I just nodded.

‘They had told us you’d be leaving with them.’ She said.

I chuckled, ‘Yeah, they would think that.’ I said taking a deep breath.

‘Can we just get this over with, if you don’t mind?’ I asked both Officers.

‘Of course not.  This shouldn’t take to long, we just want to revise your statement from the hospital to verify we have everything needed and to see if you thought of other things to add as well.’ Officer Grant said.

‘Living room? Kitchen?’ I asked them, pointing at both options.

‘Living room would probably be more comfortable.’ She said to me.

I turned around and saw Amanda trying to hide behind the wall to go too the hallways.  I stopped completely and had to think.

‘Hi honey, I said to her.’ Walking slowly towards her and then bent down so we were face to face.

Her eyes were huge looking at the two Officers in their complete uniform.

‘Baby, please look at me.’ I said to Amanda.

After a few seconds and me rubbing her arms she finally looked at me.

‘Can you do me a favor?  Can you do something for me?  It’s very important.’ I asked her.