Chapter thirty-four

Khloe

"Morning." A voice said to me as I slowly opened my eyes. I looked up to see that it was Charlie. I was lying on his chest and he had one arm around me.

"Hey." I said, groggily. "What time is it?"

"About seven." He explained.

I sat up straight and leaned my head against the wall. "Thanks for letting me sleep here." I said to him.

He gave me a smile. "Anytime, Khloe. You feeling better?"

I nodded. "Yeah I had a good sleep."

Charlie smiled and stood up, picking up a top that had been left on his chair. Then he pulled off the t-shirt he was wearing and put the new ones on. I rolled my eyes and glanced over at Tommy whilst my twin seemed perfectly fine getting changed in front of me.

Tommy was sat up in his bed, scrolling through something on his phone. He caught my gaze and raised his eyebrows slightly. "What?" He said.

"You're up?" I replied, finding it strange that he was actually awake at this time. Usually he'd push for every last minute he could get in bed.

"My friend sent me some notes for biology. I needed to go through them." He explained.

"This is the first time I've ever seen you put any effort into school." I smirked.

Charlie chuckled and I glanced over at him. "It's the first time he's ever put any effort into school."

"Oh?" I said.

Tommy rolled his eyes. "I was ninth in my grade last year and didn't revise. Dad will kill me if I slip past that."

"Ninth without revising is pretty good." I said.

"Yeah, it is. But what if I slipped to eleventh? I wanna go to the lake this Friday. I'm not risking it." Tommy said.

I nodded. "I don't get why Dad cares so much about being in the top ten. What difference does it make?"

"Dad's like that." Tommy replied. "He told me that Grandad wouldn't let him out the house for a week if he came home from school with anything less than an A*. Apparently Mom's parents were the same, but she always had good grades so it wasn't a problem for her." 

"Imagine if we had grandad for our parents." I said, shuddering slightly. He was so strict. He seemed to like me, but from what my Dad told me, you wouldn't want to disappoint him.

"Don't even go there, he hates me." Tommy said. "If we lived with grandad, he'd never let me see the light of day."

Charlie chuckled. "That's because you put washing detergent in his freezer when you were thirteen. Even now, if they give you ice cream, you can still taste the detergent."

I scrunched my face up, remembering having to eat it and pretend I didn't taste the detergent when my grandad gave us strawberry ice cream.

"I guess you brought it on your self. He can never enjoy a cornetto at home again because of you."

"It was four years ago, we should be passed it!" Tommy said.

Charlie smirked at me. "Yet, we're still tasting the effects."

I rolled my eyes and stood up, telling them I was going to get ready for school. I walked down the hallway and in the direction of my bedroom, but someone came out of the bathroom.

"Hey Khlo, you alright?" Jake asked me. I looked up to see my brother's blonde hair wet and a towel wrapped around him.

I nodded. "Yup." I said.