56

Khloe

Why am I so stupid?

I stood with a cup in my hand, watching two boys bat a ping pong ball back and fourth.

I'd basically told Charlie I'd slept with Tyler even though I had maintained I was a virgin. I was pretty sure I wasn't a virgin. It was almost impossible for me to be a virgin. There's no way I was.

Tyler and I hadn't spoken since I last saw him. He was my ex boyfriend and I kept him the same way I kept every other boy I didn't like anymore - blocked.

Tyler was fun, but also my secret. I'd never exactly been open with my family about whether or not I was in a relationship. Tommy and Dean had been under the impression for quite some time that they'd stopped me from making the tragic mistake of losing my virginity, but they were wrong. They stopped me from making the mistake of sleeping with that guy (which I'd found out had an STD at the time through a friend who slept with him), but they didn't stop me from losing it. I'd done that already I'm pretty sure even if I was too young.

"Hey, Khloe." Logan said to me, smiling. I looked to my left, seeing him stop besides me and turn to watch the game.

"Hey, Logan." I say with almost a sigh. I was liking being alone right now, it gave me some time to think. It seemed this was the effect alcohol  was having on me tonight. I wasn't sure how I felt about it.

"You good, Khloe?" Logan asked me.

I glanced at him and narrowed my eyes. "You don't need to keep tabs on how I'm feeling or try and act like my brother just because you're friends with Charlie. I already have enough of those."

Logan nodded. "I'm not trying to be your brother."

I raised my eyebrows at him. "Then why are you talking to the girl stood alone in the corner at a party? You know people here, go and talk to someone your friends with. You're not obligated to talk to me because you're my brothers friends."

"What if I want to talk to you?" Logan said, catching me off guard.

I felt my eyes narrow in his direction. What was he up to?

"What do you want, Logan?" I ask, suspiciously.

He shrugged. "Just thought you'd be more interesting to talk to than a lot of the people here."

I scoffed. "I'm not the good kind of interesting."

"I don't agree with that."

I felt his eyes on mine and I suddenly felt really self-conscious. If this was his attempt at flirting with me, I didn't know what to think to that. I didn't really want to go out with anyone anymore. I had enough shit going on without some boy coming in and making my life a whole lot more complicated. But, he seemed nice. Logan was nice.  But I don't know if I was capable of playing along anymore.

"Have you seen my friend Maddie?" I asked.

"Yeah, she's talking with Jack and Dylan I think."

"Great."

If I remember correctly Maddie and Jack already knew each other. The last thing I wanted to do was to go and get involved in that.

"Do you know that boy over there." I said, watching one of the ping pong players swap with a curly brunette haired boy. He looked familiar.

"Yeah, I think his names Axel or something. He's a senior."

As I watched him, it was only then that it clicked. It was him. He was there that New Years eve. He was the one I bumped into before I saw Will on the stairs.