Chapter twenty-two - The Problem that is Khloe

Tommy's P.O.V.

I was walking to football practise with Jake, Chase, Dean, Austin and Blake when I saw two girls stood at the end of the hallway. The two looked like they had a problem. A couple of boys had just walked into the locker room. One looked far too much like Charlie.

"Isn't that Khloe?" Jake said as he looked at one of the blondes.

I looked down the corridor and saw the girl that was stood further away, look towards us. She put her hand on her cheek and grabbed the other girls hand, pulling her further away from us.

"Who cares?" Said Chase.

"That is Khloe." I said.

"Where's she going? Her ride homes with us." Jake asked.

"that's a problem for later. We're late." Dean said and I looked back towards the girls. They were gone.

We headed into the locker room where we found the other players getting ready. I clicked eyes on Charlie and went over to him. He was stood chatting with some friends.

"Hey, bro." I said coming up to him.

"What do you want, Tommy." He groaned.

"What's up with you?" I said, pulling off my T-shirt and putting on my football stuff.

"Nothing." He said, bending down to tie his shoe laces. I looked to his friends who looked at each other awkwardly.

"Why does the look on their faces tell me otherwise?" I said pointing at his friends.

"God, Tommy. Just drop it." Charlie said and he stormed off, walking out of the locker room and onto the pitch.

Well, that was weird.

I quickly got changed and then headed onto the pitch with the rest of the football players. We stood in a group facing chase and Elliott whilst we waited for the remaining players to join us.

"Right, I think that's everyone." Elliott began. "Now, as you're all aware, it's exam week. Unfortunately, I've been instructed to inform you that in order for you to remain on the team, you need to obtain a C in all subjects. If you don't pass, you're cut. There will be no exceptions. In light on this, this will also be the only practice this week. So instead of the time you'd usually spend playing football, I want you to spend it preparing for the exams." Elliott told us.

"Anyway," Chase began. "We're splitting into two teams today. Blake and I are gonna be the captains."

Blake stepped up and chase looked at him to pick the first player.

"Jake." Blake said, smirking at Chase.

He knew he wouldn't like that.

"Charlie." Chase said in response.

I guess chase stuck to his word after all?

The rest of the team looked surprised. It was obvious everyone was wondering why Dean or even Austin hadn't been picked - they were two of our best players. But all my brothers knew why. Charlie smirked and went and stood beside chase. I looked to Charlie's friend Jack, who seemed to be nodding in approval. His other friend, Connor, seemed envious.

"Austin." Blake said.

"Dean." Chase said.

Great so now I'm the last Lakewood. Thanks Charlie.

"Tommy." Blake said.

"Logan."

"Adam."

"Connor."