Chapter Eight - The Game

Chapter Eight

Jake's P.O.V

That night was quiet. No one went out and no one wanted to cause any trouble. Even Khloe. I think she was bummed about the way we all targeted her at tryouts.

"Hey Dad, what about a game?" I said.
"A football game? What now?" He asked.
"Yeah! We haven't played for years." Charlie grinned excitedly. And it was true I can't remember the last time all of us played together.
"Alright, just a short one. Charlie, get everyone in the back garden." My dad said and Charlie practically jumped with joy.

By the time all of us were in the garden together but had gotten much darker, but there was still a little bit of light.

"Alright, who wants to be captain?" Dad asked.

"Me." Dean said stepping forward.

"Alright, we just need one more. Any takers?"

"Yeah I'll be the other one." Tommy piped up.

"Good. Now take it away dean. You pick first."

"Dad." Dean said and we all smiled. It was obvious who ever got picked first would pick dad. He's amazing at football.

Tommy then looked at all of us. "Elliot." He said .

"Chase." Dean said.

"Jake." Said Tommy.

"Khloe." Said Dean smirking at her. I knew secretly that dean only did that so she wouldn't feel as bad about today. Otherwise he would have picked Charlie.

"Charlie." Said Tommy.

So on Deans team was: Dad, Dean, Chase and Khloe.

Then on Tommy's team was: Tommy, me, Charlie and Elliott.

"Let the games begin!" Tommy yelled and the two teams headed to either side of our garden.

I headed to the other side of the garden with Tommy, Charlie and Elliott.
"So what's the plan?" I asked.

"Isn't it obvious? Khloe." Tommy said.

"Do you really think Dad will let us do that." Charlie asked.

"Just do it discreetly." Tommy shrugged

"Wait, guys we can't after today. It will just make her feel worse about today." Charlie said,

"What about today?" Elliott asked.

"She wasn't too happy about being targeted at tryouts." Charlie explained.

"So? That's what happens when your the weakest link. For example, little bro. Just like we are going to target Khloe, they are going to target you." Tommy stated.

"Hey!" He snapped.

"Come on, Charlie. You know how it is in football. But we got a little easier on Khloe for today. And we have Charlie guarded for when they come o him. Got it?" Elliott said.

"Yes." We all agreed.

We were ready.

Dean's P.O.V.

"Alright, what's the plan boys?"' Dad asked us.

"Chase your the best striker so we always want to get the ball to you. Dad your in goal." I explained and then we all looked to Khloe.

"I know, I'm going to be targeted." She said rolling her eyes and crossing her arms.

"Don't worry sweetie. Our teams got your schools best players. They'll protect you, right boys?" Our dad grinned. Yet, Khloe didn't look too convinced.