2

CHAPTER TWO - WHAT I WAS LIKE

The next day, I woke up to silence, which was alien in my house. There was no screaming, no shouting, no one waking me up at an ungodly hour, but just silence.

So of course, what did I do? I took advantage. Seeing as though no one was screaming at me to get out of bed or shouting at me for something or did or didn't do, I lay in bed making the most of it. Especially knowing I only had a few more days until I started my new school. I didn't really want to see the rest of my family either. The dynamics in my house were weird right now. My family still seem to dislike the sight of me. I would be lying if I said that I liked seeing them because they were forcing me to change schools and be with them. Although, deep down I have sort have come to terms with the fact that I need to change. However, I am being made to and nobody forces me to do anything. But this time I get the feeling this is my last chance.

You see, as my family would put it, I got involved with the wrong crowd. I didn't smoke or do drugs, I was just not always lovely and they blamed it on my friends.

The girl I used to spend my time with, Addison Peters, was a bit of a bitch. Anyone who she didn't think was pretty, cool, or popular, she turned her nose up at and I guess she was my best friend, so I did the same. Anyway, my family apparently started to notice a change In my behaviour at home and decided, against my wishes, I should move schools.

I know what you're thinking, though. Why didn't I go to the same school as my brothers? Well the answer to that is pretty simple. I spend all my time with them at home, so why would I want more quality time? I've always had too much. Even though despite all of our differences, we have always been close. But that's the problem, everyone knows that. So I knew I needed some separation and after months of begging because my best friend was going to the other school as well, I got them to agree.

Disturbing my snoozing was the sound of two knocks on my bedroom door..

"Come in." I said and the door opened, letting in Elliott, the oldest. I watched the dark blonde haired boy come over to my bed with an amused look, but awkard look  plastered across his face as he looked down on me. He was always the brother I got on best with, but I we didn't exactly feel comfortable with each other at the moment.

"You comfy?" He said. I gave him a small smile as I knew he was trying to resolve the tension. Elliott was probably the lovely one of my brothers. He was kind and caring and just relaxed about everything. And yet, we hardly talked now. I suppose I'm the only one to blame, but I often find myself wondering what exactly happened.

"Yes, actually. Now what do you want?" I asked, cutting the crap. I mentally scolded myself for my rude tone and decided.

"Rude much? Dads busy at work preparing and training again before he leaves again. So it leaves us to take you." He said. I could kind of tell he wasn't happy about it as he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

My dad was involved in the military. He was a soldier in the army so he would come and go, but when he comes back, he's not always back.

"Take me where?" I asked, irritated he couldn't just state it simply.

"To get you're school uniform for next week and sort god knows whatever else out." He said, whilst I sat up properly.
I knew I was already becoming hard work.

"Urgh, I forgot about the whole school uniform rule. Well as long as the skirts short, school uniform can look cute and- " I said, but was cut off by an uninvited guest's roaming into my bedroom.

"Nothing on you will look cute." Tommy said.

"Your too much of an ugly whore anyway." Dean said.